News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Information on 1969 Eldorado

Started by Shorty64cad, March 06, 2013, 06:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shorty64cad

Hi Folks,

I thought I might add to the recent discussion around 67 - 70 Eldos that has been going on.  Late last year I purchased a beautiful Wisteria 1969 Eldorado and it has finally found its way to its new loving home here in Melbourne, Australia.  I cannot describe how excited I am to own one of these cars, especially in this rare colour.  I've loved them for years and I know that you fellow 67 - 70 Eldo owners can understand my joy in having one of these special hardtops.  Anyway, as with all new owners, I am keen to find out as much history as I can about my new pride and joy.  I bought the car through Midwest Car Exchange in Illinois.  They apparently bought the car through a deceased estate.  The previous owner was John Dannenfelser of Grants Pass in Oregon.  Word is that this car was part of a collection of 200.  If anyone has any information on this collection and how long John might have owned the car and maybe even who owned it before him, (if I'm really lucky) then I'd be very happy to hear from you.  Attached are a few pics of the car outside its new home after its first wash in Australia!  Cheers,  Greg.
Greg Short.  Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
Member No. 26803
1969 Eldorado

Jeff Maltby 4194

Beautiful car Greg. I know a Buick collector up in Oregon so I passed your request on to him, hoping he might of known John ?

What's the paint code for your car ?
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

Louis Smith

Quote from: Jeff Maltby 4194 on March 07, 2013, 09:55:04 AM
Beautiful car Greg. I know a Buick collector up in Oregon so I passed your request on to him, hoping he might of known John ?

What's the paint code for your car ?

http://automotivemileposts.com/cadillac/paint1969cadi.html

Automotive Mileposts 
1969 Cadillac Exterior Paint Colors

PAINT SAMPLE/CODE - COLOR (Ditzler Code)

Image: Sable Black 10 - Sable Black (9400)
Image: Cotillion White 12 - Cotillion White (2058)
Image: Patina Silver Metallic 16 - Patina Silver Metallic (2059)
Image: Phantom Gray Metallic 18 - Phantom Gray Metallic (2060)
Image: Astral Blue Metallic 24 - Astral Blue Metallic (2077)
Image: Athenian Blue Metallic 26 - Athenian Blue Metallic (2062)
Image: Persian Aqua Metallic 28 - Persian Aqua Metallic (2063)
Image: Palmetto Green Metallic 30 - Palmetto Green Metallic (2080)
Image: Rampur Green Metallic 36 - Rampur Green Metallic (2065)
Image: Colonial Yellow 40 - Colonial Yellow (81500)
Image: Cameo Beige Metallic 42 - Cameo Beige Metallic (2066)
Image: Shalimar Gold Metallic 44 - Shalimar Gold Metallic (2082)
Image: Cordovan Metallic 46 - Cordovan Metallic (2067)
Image: Wisteria Metallic 47 - Wisteria Metallic (2068)
Image: San Mateo Red Metallic 48 - San Mateo Red Metallic (71642)
Image: Empire Maroon Metallic 49 - Empire Maroon Metallic (2069)
Image: Sapphire Blue Firemist 90 - Sapphire Blue Firemist* (2070)
Image: Chalice Gold Firemist 94 - Chalice Gold Firemist* (2071)
Image: Biscay Aqua Firemist 96 - Biscay Aqua Firemist* (2072)
Image: Nutmeg Brown Firemist 97 - Nutmeg Brown Firemist* (2073)
Image: Chateau Mauve Firemist 99 - Chateau Mauve Firemist* (2074)

*Firemist colors optional; their cost is $132 extra
   1969 Cadillac DeVille Convertible

1969 Cadillac Contents

Production/Specifications | Trim | Standard Equipment | Optional Equipment

Select Another Cadillac Year | Main Contents

Shorty64cad

Thanks for that, Jeff.  Louis is on the money, it is paint code 47 so it is certainly an original Wisteria 69 Eldo.

Cheers,  Greg.
Member No. 26803
1969 Eldorado

Louis Smith

Quite a beautiful and impressive color.  I don't believe I have ever seen or noticed one that color.  I remember in 1974 introduced color they called Cranberry Firemist.  I really liked the color, but they mostly stocked it with white interiors.  While it looked great, and was somewhat popular, I didn't want to deal with a white leather interior.

http://automotivemileposts.com/eldorado/paint1974eldo.html

Shorty64cad

It was the colour that sold it for us, Louis.  This one, too, has the white leather interior.  While I do love the look of it, there is already an issue with it.  The seller included a second hand Cruise Control switch with the sale, because the one on the car is broken.  I think he put it in a box and put it on the back seat.  Anyway, there is a black mark on the seat back, where I think the ink from printing on the box leached out onto the leather (Remember, this car spent two months sweating in a sea container).  I've tried soap and water and a leather cleaner, but it won't come off.  Very annoying on an otherwise pristine seat!  I'm thinking I will have to take it to a professional car cleaner and hope that they can clean it off.
Member No. 26803
1969 Eldorado

Davidinhartford

Congratulations Greg that is beautiful!

Shorty64cad

Thank you David!  I've loved your '68 for a long time, too!
Member No. 26803
1969 Eldorado

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Greg,

One thing to remember is NEVER SIT IN THE CAR WEARING BLUE JEANS.

Always use seat covers if you have to wear jeans.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Shorty64cad

Thanks Bruce.  I have heard that.  What about if the jeans have been washed many times and are faded?  Will they still leach out dye?
Member No. 26803
1969 Eldorado

GoldEldorado

One could always sit naked upon the seats!  :o

Beautiful car! 
1970 Gold Eldorado
1973 Chrysler New Yorker

Shorty64cad

Nah, it'd be way too sweaty!  (Like, that's the only problem!  ;))
Member No. 26803
1969 Eldorado

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Getting back to Gregs original question.... I only knew one guy named John Dannenfelser. He passed away some years ago. He lived in Reno for years. I'm not sure he ever lived in Oregon. He never had a 200 car collection & I'm not sure if he ever owned that 69 Eldo. When did the dealer say he owned the car?

Tracing ownership is fun, but VERY  hard to do.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Louis Smith

Quote from: GoldEldorado on March 07, 2013, 10:24:13 PM
One could always sit naked upon the seats!  :o

Beautiful car!

Its been done before, and in the movies.  I remember as a youth seeing the coming attractions for the film "Nude in a White Car".  I vividly remember the car as being a white Cadillac convertible.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054131/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

The Tassie Devil(le)

Quote from: Shorty64cad on March 07, 2013, 10:13:07 PM
Thanks Bruce.  I have heard that.  What about if the jeans have been washed many times and are faded?  Will they still leach out dye?
Will still leach through.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Shorty64cad

Hi Bob,  I have a copy of the title naming the owner before Midwest Car Exchange bought this car.  It is in the name of John Dannenfelser and the address is in Grants Pass, Oregon.  This is what the seller sent to me:

"I’ve attached a copy of past owner, the company that handled his collection sold most of his cars through auction on the west coast, as I recall he had over 200 cars!!"

Could there be two John Dannenfelsers so close together?  Especially when yours passed away some years ago and mine was a deceased estate?  I can't imagine that Dannenfelser would be a very common name.  You're right, Bob, tracking past owners IS hard but fun!  Thanks for your input, Greg.
Member No. 26803
1969 Eldorado

Jeff Maltby 4194

Final answer.

I asked several old timers here in Oregon if they knew John. None did and all said if there was a guy with 200 cars they would know about him. This would cover several towns from Grants Pass to Medford.
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

Huffstutler

If you want to send me the VIN number in a PM to me I will look in a database I have access to and see what comes up.  No guarantees but worth a shot.

As for white leather interiors, love them.  Had four...  1965 Cadillac Sedan de Ville - all white , 1968 Cadillac Calais Maroon with white interior, 1963 Imperial LeBaron -Forest green with white leather, 1975 Imperial LeBaron - all white.

Eric

Eric Huffstutler

Huffstutler

There is a place listed called Cadillac Cars & Parts, Ltd. in Sparks, Nevada that show owner John Dannenfelser.

Wonder if this is the same person?  Could be an old business listing.
Eric Huffstutler

Huffstutler

Digging deeper, seems like the one in Nevada may be your person because he was born in 1935 and died in 2008.  There is a much younger John born 1958 died in 1979 (age 21) who was from California and died in Denver, CO.  Wonder if things got mixed up somewhere?

There is a Miriam born 1916 died 1998 in Eugene, Oregon so wonder if John was her son, lived there a while and moved on to Nevada where he died and the title was just never changed?

Eric Huffstutler