News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Problem with Cadillac 1959 Trim Tag decoding?

Started by smilasm, March 07, 2013, 10:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smilasm

Hi Cadi brothers,
Just arrived my first Cadi 59 sedan deville from US,starting to work with it and need help with trim tag decoding. ACC. EHX
E-tinted windows (if the paint 20 blue,I think windows tinted blue also?)
H-heater
X- I can,t find ???

Thank you in advance
Marius from Lithuania
Marius Smilas

1956 Sedan DeVille  http://bit.ly/1hsWhri

Dan LeBlanc

E = Ez-Eye Glass
H = Heater
X = Power windows.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Hello Marius and welcome to the CLC forum.

The information you provided is correct regarding the E - E-Z Eye Glass and H - Heater.

"X" refers to power windows which was standard equipment on the Series 62 Convertible and DeVille Series.

Windows would always be tinted the same reagrdless of exterior color. Sort of an aqua color, with a darker blue band across the top of the windshield.

'59 is a very desireable model year and would enjoy seeing pics if you have them to post. Please also consider joining the CLC. The benefits & expertise of membership will prove incalcuable in your efforts to preserve and maintain your car.

Again, welcome.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

smilasm

Thank you very much.Now I will try to find previous owner. There are few stickers on the windows,like a Cadi club members.Will try to post some pics.
Marius Smilas

1956 Sedan DeVille  http://bit.ly/1hsWhri