News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

What Is It ? Question 1927 Cadillac

Started by BJM, March 10, 2013, 03:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BJM

http://forums.aaca.org/f170/

Posted this on another forum but there has been no comment.  I am not familiar with Cadillac's 20's offerings. I can go check the Hendry book I have and probably will, but it is probably more accurate to ask here.

Described as a 7 passenger Fleetwood may mean special things or may be normal for 1927, so if you can tell, please add comment on wheelbase for this car (guesstimate) size of engine, spot in model hierarchy, validity of comments from seller, price new, etc.

Huffstutler

Hey Brian, I understand about not getting responses at AACA.

This 7-passenger cars were called Imparial series and there were two made bodies - one by Fisher and the other by Fleetwood so... this is one of the high-end cars just under limousines.  My NADA and Redbooks only go to 1928 so can't get you a lot of information outside of the same book you have.  I can give you a link for the sales brochure complete online to see which will help visualize it and the GM Heritage Center's information kit for this year.

http://www.lov2xlr8.no/brochures/cadillac/27las/27las.html

The GM file is in PDF format but contains the Dealer Book of all models, the Owner's Manual, an the Shop Manual.  The dealer book (pages 18-19 in the file - pages 4-5 in the booklet) has the prices and dimensions you seek.

http://www.gmheritagecenter.com/docs/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits/Cadillac/1927_Cadillac_VVI.pdf

Hope this helps!

Eric Huffstutler
Richmond, VA

Eric Huffstutler

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Regarding wheelbase concering the largest series Cadillacs of 1927, the number that seems to to be given at 138".  According to Walter McCall's 80 Years of Cadillac La Salle, Cadillac offered 18 Fleetwood body styles, another 18 standard and semi-customs by Fisher and "no less than 32 limited production special bodies built for Cadillac by outside coachbuilders" (in '27).
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

BJM

Thanks guys.  I am going to call on it.  It looks too far gone for me and his price is high but this should be a full CCCA classic.

I was reading Hendry's book, which was written in a style years ago that is difficult to follow.  It's certainly not chronological and does not specifically covers years/models without a lot of cross referencing.

The 1927 Cadillac V8 was the last of a generation described as 1922-1927 and was replaced by the 341 series which is described as much improved.

However, on a positive, the 1927's were described as having improved styling over 1925-26.

The photos do help, thanks