News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1969-1970 Deville Differances?

Started by aod92, March 15, 2013, 09:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aod92

I have a 70 Deville convertible that I'm looking for a rear bumper center section for. I found one, but its for a 69. Is there a differance? I already made the mistake on the front bumper when I bought a 69 upper end and it was slightly different and don't want to make the same mistake twice. Thanks for your help!

Aaron Hudacky

Phil,

70 has back up lights mounted in the center section of the rear bumper; 69 has them at the bottom of the tail lights and there are no cut outs in the center bumper.  I would buy a bumper for a 70 so you don't start off with a part you have to modify to fit.  If you use the 69 bumper, you'll need to cut holes for the back up lights.
1970 Eldorado
1978 Coupe deVille
1979 Coupe deVille
2008 Subaru STI

aod92