News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Brake booster vacuum check valve source

Started by John Maglia CLC#23063, March 17, 2013, 04:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Maglia CLC#23063

Does anyone know a supplier for the vacuum check valve for the power brake booster on a 57 Coupe de Ville? I've checked the internet and eBay but have come up empty. Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks

John
John Maglia

Jeff Wilk

Same here John for the 58 and 59 Cadillac....I've searched and searched and come up empty.  Some of the usual places actually list them, but they are wrong as their parts are generic and only are for the valves that mount to a more modern day booster housing directly......sure could use a new one for my 59

"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Jeff Wilk

"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

baxterculver

From John's picture, it appears that the check valve is a 90 degree fitting that is in line between the manifold and the booster.  I know of no source for a metal valve.  There are various other plastic check valve's that are available but, alas, don't do much for authenticity.  Perhaps a new one could be masked to look like an original.  Power Brake Sales in Sacramento, CA  would be a good source to check for a new type valve.  www.powerbrakes.com
baxter culver clc#17184

Steve Lachowetz (No. 25332)

My58Caddy.com

Steve Lachowetz (25332)