News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

How long is your stock 1962 Muffler?

Started by 62 driver, March 20, 2013, 10:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

62 driver

>:(I am Upset! Muffler need to be replaced on my 62 stock single exhaust. Went to a place that's been in business for 20 years at least. Talked to the owner about the muffler replacement. $325.00 for a walker muffler and a good resonator. He said he had them in stock. I asked are you sure because I will wait, I just don't want the wrong part on. "No I got them". He did the work and I looked at it when I got home and the muffler look small and is 17" long! I think I remember mine old one at 19 1/2". Now I take the part number off the muffler and call walker. That's not their muffler and they can't give me a part number for one. So how long, wide and deep is yours? I want to be armed with the right size when I go back! Thank Dave
Dave Schneider,  CLC #27889

R Schroeder

I just did my 78, and Walker has there own sizes , it seems. Total length came out ,but components were different.
Roy

62 driver

I just had a 27" low profile installed.
Dave Schneider,  CLC #27889