News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1941 Glove box install

Started by VooDoo, March 24, 2013, 03:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VooDoo

I am trying to figure out how the glove box mounts up. I know the little legs on arms on each side screw into the door itself and the opposite end of the arms screw to the opening in the dash. But what is confusing to me is that the base part of those arms have screw hole but I don't know where those mount to.? And once mounted how do you attach the actual compartment. Any diagrams would be great. I can seem to find any anywhere. Thanks
Andy Fulenwider
1937 75 Series Convertible
1947 62 Series Custom Project

JoeKarasinski

If you don't get an answer sooner I'll have a look tomorrow at the shop I think  I have all the manuals and I can have a look at mine to see whats involved.

VooDoo

I appreciate any help I can get
Andy Fulenwider

Paul Phillips

Andy
Take a look at ebay  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190817150910&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

This is a complete door & hinge assembly and should help you understand how the parts orient.  A couple of the screws that mount thru the bottom of the dash are shown started in their holes.  I am also attaching a back view of my dash, if you look closely you can still see the shadow of where the hinges mount along the bottom flange.

BTW, I have nothing to do with this ebay auction, just saw it in a search report this morning.

Paul
Paul Phillips CLC#27214
1941 60 Special (6019S)
1949 60 Special (6069X)
1937 Packard Super 8 Convertible Victoria
1910 Oakland Model 24 Runabout

VooDoo

Thank you. That was very helpful :D
Andy Fulenwider