News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Radio Push Buttons

Started by silvercbx, March 29, 2013, 08:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silvercbx

After going cross-eyed looking through previous posts, I decided to try a new post topic. I have a 1996 STS and I have a small problem with the radio. The four, small, round push buttons that control the fade, balance, etc. They have 'aged' out and split/cracked and fell off their 'D' shafts. Does anyone know of a source where I may obtain these small parts? they are all the same with a small dot on the front and measure about 3/8" diameter and 9/16" in length with a 'D' cut hole for mounting. These are the ones that you push in and it pops out for adjustment, then push it back in to latch.
Any help would be appreciated. Please don't tell me to check recycle - this is an 'aging' process and any there would be just as old.
Many thanks - very nice site that I will keep notice of.
Jim

cadillacmike68

Usage is also a part of the aging process on a material.

You may want to check the nearest recycling center (aka junkyard). They pull the radios out of the high end cars.

GM never made these parts available separately.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

rghobden

It's a plastic world we live in.  I've been successful in putting the pieces back together with Epoxy.  I don't know how long they will last, but it's worth a try.  Russ Hobden #1235
Russ Hobden, CLC #1235

Glen

Several years ago I bought a set of push buttons for the radio in my 68 ELDO off ebay.  They were in Delco packing with part numbers and labeling.  So somebody made them available.  You might have to go to a radio repair guy to get them. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104