News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

My 59 is finally coming home on Wednesday (I hope)

Started by Makandriaco, April 01, 2013, 06:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Makandriaco

It has been almost 5 months since I bought it, but it has been sitting on my brother's house since then because some issues with customs. But I believe everything is OK now and I will be getting it home in 2 days.

A long, exhausting, exciting, mysterious task awaits… wish me luck.
1959 Series 62 4 Window Sedan

Always loved Cadillacs.

52Cadillac

SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)

Ken Perry

At that angle the fins look larger than life,nice picture. Keep us posted on how its going! Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

76eldo

Good luck with the new arrival.  Great looking car!

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

N Kahn

It looks like a nice solid example, where are you?

Makandriaco

Thank you all. I live in Juarez, Mexico (Just south of the border from El Paso, Texas)

Always loved Cadillacs.

59-in-pieces

Great example of the 59 design.
There is something very special about the flat top that set it apart from other sedans of the time.
Good luck on your restoration of this grand lady.
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Blade

Hi Ricardo, congrats on your 'new' 59. I also have the 62 Sedan but the 6 window version and doing a slow restoration on it. If I can help with anything let me know.

Makandriaco

Quote from: Blade on April 04, 2013, 12:46:27 AM
Hi Ricardo, congrats on your 'new' 59. I also have the 62 Sedan but the 6 window version and doing a slow restoration on it. If I can help with anything let me know.

Oh you bet I will.

But I am a bit anxious. Its Thursday and the car is not here yet. They say there's a signature missing and that I will get that today. So, if it goes OK, I will drive it home tomorrow.

Thank you all.

Always loved Cadillacs.

Ken Perry

Cadillac Ken

Makandriaco

Quote from: Ken Perry on April 19, 2013, 01:40:52 AM
Any updates on the Caddy ????Ken Perry

Its been  frustrating. At least the car is just across the border and I can visit it when I want. But as it turns out, Juarez Customs did not had that series car on their lists and could not do the paperwork. So it had to be sent to Chihuahua City and they tell me it will be ready this week.

It has been so many times that I hear that I will get my car "this week" that I will believe it when I have it.

Thank you, will of course post when it crosses.

Always loved Cadillacs.

Gene Beaird

Kind of sounds like my experience with paint and body guys and engine builders.   ;D

Good things come to those who wait. 
Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

Richardonly

Ricardo,

Keep your faith.  I bought mine about a 3 hour drive away and just a couple of states over.  It took close to a month (seemed like a year or two.) before I had it in my possession.

It's a beautiful car and you shall be enjoying it soon.

Richard
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle

Makandriaco

No doubt.

We were joking the other day about it. I said to my brother I would start charging him rent as if it was real estate. He said he had a family living inside the car and that he had made divisions using sheetrock. The most difficult thing was installing the plumbing.

:S

Always loved Cadillacs.

52Cadillac

SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)

Gene Beaird

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

Makandriaco

Guess what? I am told the paperwork will be done tomorrow. Yes, I know, I have heard that about 723 times already. Well, I have to keep hope. This Saturday is going to be six months since I purchased it.

Always loved Cadillacs.

Ken Perry

I will keep my fingers crossed that you get it!!! I thought a couple of weeks was bad waiting on mine!Good luck. Ken Perry 
Cadillac Ken

INTMD8

Makandriaco

I posted this message 5 months after I purchased the car and that was over 2 months ago. I was then sure I would be able to drive it home but no... Until now! I Have my new Mexican Licence plates and all the paperwork. Tomorrow I am gong with my brother to put the new spark plugs, cables, the rebuilt carburator and hopefully, drive it across the border to its new home.

Always loved Cadillacs.