News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Painting Frame, '76 DeVille

Started by mgbeda, April 02, 2013, 02:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgbeda

I will be painting the frame on my '76 Sedan DeVille this weekend.  I just want to check one more time on the color.  I am planning to use a semi-gloss black (got a case of Zero-Rust).  Is that the correct, factory color?

Thanks,

-mB

P.S.  I've just purchased my 71-76 authenticity manual but it hasn't arrived yet.
-Mike Beda
CLC #24610
1976 Sedan DeVille (Bessie)

cadillacmike68

Just chrome it!  :P

I'm not sure these were even painted back then, but if they were some type of black; satin, flat , or semi-gloss would have been the case.

Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

BReyes

That product claims to be good for what you are asking. I use 3M rubberized undercoating. I have seen what salt roads can do to that car, so you are definitely on the correct path. Good luck and post pics when you are done.

I cut my teeth restoring 75 CDV over thirty years ago.

Regards,
Bernard

R Schroeder

About all I can contribute is my 78 has a black frame.
Roy

Scot Minesinger

My 1970 had a black frame.  There may be some sections of your frame where a part was secured after it was finished and you can remove it to confirm that it was black.  If the 78 and 70 had a black frame it is a safe bet that it is black.  The only other choice would be the painted natural metal appear not painted, which may look odd even if correct.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

mgbeda

Thanks for the help, folks.  I painted it last Saturday.  Looks pretty good.  I'll post some pictures in my restoration blog real soon.

-mB
-Mike Beda
CLC #24610
1976 Sedan DeVille (Bessie)