News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Best deal on a high quality car cover?

Started by Caddy Wizard, April 04, 2013, 04:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caddy Wizard

Looking for a high quality car cover for a 54 Cadillac.  Anyone have a suggestion for an affordable, but high-quality, item?
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

Series75

Indoor use?   Outdoor use?    Series 62 or Series 60?  Tom CLC#6866

David Greenburg

If you want flannel, I highly recommend the Canvas Shoppe in MI.Great work, and they will do custom touches, like double reinforcing the fin tip areas on my '59 60s
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Richardonly

Art,

Try looking here.........http://calcarcover.com/

It is California Car Cover Co.  I have seen them, and those I saw were truly a quality product.  There are many options, so you would have to deceide what best suits your needs.

Richard
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle

Caddy Wizard

Indoor use almost exclusively.  Once in a great while I might have to put the car outside for a day.  Series 62 Sedan...
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)

JVA

I bought mine from autoanything.com and went with a Covercraft Noah.  I was shocked when I ordered a fitment for a '67 75 and the correct, perfectly fitted cover (for a super long car!) showed up, so that was cool. :) The Noah is very suitable for outdoor use but offers good impact and dust protection as well. I chose it because it's about the thickest cover you can buy (the Evo is thicker yet). It takes up huge space when off the car, but the impact resistance it offers when on the car was well worth it. Very satisfied with the purchase.

Edit: It was $330.44, shipped.

66 Eldo

I've done a lot of research on this and I have tried many covers. The best cover for the money I found at Walmart (online not in store). The brand is ADCO. Model F fits is 228" and fits big old cars like ours. Only $55.00 plus minimal shipping.  I know I was skeptical too but when I got it I was blown away, thick cover with a with a quality feel.  It is designed for outdoor use as it has 4 layers one of which is Tyvek. Tyvek is waterproof AND blocks light very very well. They say the cover is waterproof and breathable which I don't quite get, but after rains no water goes through and I notice no greenhouse effect.  I am very pleased with these covers and bought more for my other cars. Finally, the inner surface is soft on the paint as advertised, not flannel soft but softer than ANY other cover I have purchased that wasn't flannel or an indoor cotton material. The only negative and is expected for the price is that they are not custom fit. So depending on your vehicle, it may be a little baggy or a little snug depending on the size you choose. Check out the WalMart site reviews, almost all are very good. I know your question was for a "high quality" car cover" but you may want to consider this one as its quality rivals ones I have seen for a lot more money.

WalMart link below.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/ADCO-Contour-Fit-Car-Cover-Armor-400-Model-F/10913534

RobertM

Art,
I got a great cover for my 54 60S from www.buyautocovers.com.  It is a 5-layer cover with a nice fleece inner layer, has elastic to keep it in place, it came with a grommett you can install for the antenna, and a cable to lock it down if you like.   At 174.50 it was a good price for a high-end cover.  They gave me an online coupon for 10% off - use THANKYOU10 at checkout.   

The first one they sent me was too small by a few inches, but they took a return no problem.  I would probably do a phone order to make sure you get sku C-FL-6.

Bob
Bob Melms

1954 60 Special
1995 Sedan Deville
1999 Eldorado (RIP 2018)
Connecticut, USA

Caddy Wizard

Art Gardner

Bill Caddyshack

Just got a Coverking Extreme Weave Silverguard from Costco. $120 after $30 off. I am very disappointed. One ply, flimsy and cheap. Returning it to a local store tomorrow. I am amazed that Costco would sell such junk!

RobertM

C-FL-6 is the wrong sku.. that's the first one they sent.  I ended up with ES-7.
Bob
Bob Melms

1954 60 Special
1995 Sedan Deville
1999 Eldorado (RIP 2018)
Connecticut, USA

Caddy Wizard

Since my car is a "driver" and the ADCO unit from Walmart comes so highly recommended by Bob, I am going to give it a try.  Heck, if I don't like it I am only out a fraction of what the others cost.

Art
Art Gardner

Bill Caddyshack

I just put the cover Bob recommended on my 1959. Please see picture.  :o  ::)    :-\ 

I think this is possibly a flaw more connected with the "Four feet off the ground - sharpest tail fins put on a passenger car...."

May not be a problem with your car, but this one is going back. It is part # 31009 Armor 400. Maybe I need the next larger size? Also when I pull it where her front is covered, her rear is exposed.  >:D And this is with her top down!  ::)

The cover is fair, but a little thin.  Very soft on the inside. Other than the fin problem, I would think it would make a pretty good inside cover, but still think it needs to be bigger.