News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1969 cad grille clean

Started by 1969cadillac, April 05, 2013, 06:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969cadillac

hello !!

what is the best stuff to used to clean a 69 grille without taking it apart??

thanks , murray mules

Scot Minesinger

Do not take it apart, it is very difficult to get back together.  It is a very laborious process, metal polish made for aluminum is best.  Bring it inside and during commercials or uninteresting commentaries during football season you polish while watching the games.  Don't clear coat it either that will not yield nice results.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

cadillacmike68

Use a Dremel with the small round polishing cloths. Don't use too much pressure, it only wears out the pads. You can use Mothers aluminum or any other decent aluminum polish. I haven't done mine yet, but i did 6 sets of 35+ year old bicycle wheels with the Dremel and they turned out great.

Buy several extra sets of pads, that's a lot of grill to polish!
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

66 Eldo

Does anyone know if chrome shops re-annodize alluminum parts like the Cadillac grilles?