News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1959 60S at Country Music Awards

Started by David Greenburg, April 06, 2013, 01:07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Greenburg

I just learned that my recently traded '59  60S has moved on to bigger and better things.  It will be appearing on stage at the Country Music Awards on Sunday night, possibly driven by Carrie Underwood. Now my Eldo will have something to aspire to.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

C.Scott

Congratulations, I could not be more proud if it were my own.  Great job!

David Greenburg

So that was my former '59 60S that appeared in Underwood's performance of "Two Black Cadillacs." The other six-window in the piece was actually a blue car that was "wrapped" in black for the occasion.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville

Makandriaco

Really great looking car. Needless to say, the 59 is my favorite.
1959 Series 62 4 Window Sedan

Always loved Cadillacs.

Jeff Wilk

Dave, simply awesome!!!  My favorite car and music!!!  Can you share more about how the fwo came together?
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

David Greenburg

Jeff:

I owned the car for many years, and recently traded it  to a (primarily ebay)
dealer located in the Phoenix area.  He often has Cadillacs, and was contacted by someone in  Las Vegas who was looking for two black Cadillacs. While he apparently has a deal to sell the car pending with someone in England, that person was ok with having the car make its showbiz debut, so off it went to Vegas for the weekend.   Knowing of my long term attachment to the car, the dealer let me know about  this a few days ago. He also said he was providing the second car, but that it was blue and was being "wrapped" in black for the occasion.   

David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville

debramcdonald

Congrats, David! Awesome performance by both cars and Carrie! Is there any car that is written about more in music than Cadillac? Here are some I've come up with (not sure if they are the original artists in all cases):

Cadillac Assembly Line -Big Time Sarah And The BTS Express
Cadillac -Bo Diddley
Broken down Cadillac -The Breathers
Pink Cadillac â€" Jerry Lee Lewis/Bruce Springsteen 
Always Drive a Cadillac â€" The Everly Brothers 
Cadillac â€" the Kinks
Brand New Cadillac â€" The Clash 
Red Cadillac and a Black Mustache â€" Warren Smith
Geronimo’s Cadillac â€" Modern Talking 
Back In A Cadillac -Coco Montoya 
Guitars, Cadillacs  Dwight Yoakam
One Bad Cadillac- Hangin' with Shorty
White Trash Cadillac -The Johnny Boy
One Piece At A Time -Johnny Cash
Cadillac- Mest 
Cadillac â€" Danko Jones 
Coupe de Ville -Neil Young
Cadillac Style -Sammy Kershaw 
Voodoo Cadillac-Southern Culture on the Skids 
Look At That Cadillac-Stray Cats 
Cadillac Pimpin-Youngbloodz 
Cadillac Smile-Surf Guitar Villains
Solid Gold Cadillac-Pearl Bailey   
Pony Tail and Black Cadillac â€" The Monsters 
Black Cadillac â€" Marti Brom 
Long White Cadillac  Dwight Yoakam 
Hot Chocolate ~ Heaven’s in the Back Seat of My Cadillac

Blade

I also found these pictures on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.497287243664948.1073741832.241273639266311&type=3&l=d0b181eb0d

And another one as they are getting ready:

David Greenburg

That is an interesting pic.  On my former car, on the left, they have added very heavy window tinti tinting, presumably temporarily. The other car looks black, even in daylight; you can't tell from the picture that it was "wrapped" to appear black.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville

Blade

Hi David,

Isn't it interesting to see your old, where it's going and what happens to it, especially when it is used in a show like that. Did you also watch the video from the concert? Must be a strange feeling seeing your old car up there ... :D

There is a short article written about the other car by the company that did the wrapping. I actually sent them a note because it mentions it as a DeVille but actually it is a Series 62. The guy actually did reply last night and thanked me, he said they didn't know what it was exactly and just went with the tag someone posted on the window at the auction site where it came from.

http://smartwrap.com/portfolio-items/vehicle-wrap-1959-cadillac-deville/#axzz2Qlr67Lky

David Greenburg

Tibor:

Yes, it is interesting, particularly since I only let go of the car a couple of months ago. The person  I traded it to was in the process of trying to sell the car to a party in Europe, but was contacted in the meantime about providing two Cadillacs for the CMA show.    He was nice enough to call me in advance and let me know about the show.   By now I suppose the car is off to its new owner. The same seller apparently provided the  Series 62 that was wrapped as well, but I don't know anything further about that car, although I suspect it will be on ebay soon if it hasn't been already.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville