News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Color of fuel tanks?

Started by 52Cadillac, April 08, 2013, 05:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

52Cadillac

What color were the 52's fuel tanks, silver,or black? If black, was it flat, or semi gloss?
Thanks, Mike
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)

Dan LeBlanc

Eastwood sells a gas tank paint that looks like metal when applied.  A few people I know have used it with good success.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Walter Youshock

Should be a zinc-tone grayish silver.  The Eastwood paint is great.  I've used it and highly recommend it.  If your car was undercoated, chances are the tank was also coated like my '57.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

52Cadillac

When I received the car it had an aftermarket square tank in place of original. I've since acquired a tank from Toms with all the straps, sender, etc  included. It is a grayish silver color. So toms has it painted in the correct color.
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)