News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Break the rules?

Started by 52Cadillac, April 13, 2013, 07:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

52Cadillac

Ok I have girls in my life. You know wifey, daughters, dogs, etc. I don't really care if I name my 52 after something sorta machismo. Well, such as Mack the Knife (love the song, but before my time). It appears most everyone names their cars/vehicles after chicks. Does anyone name their car after something other then women, on the manly side. I'm gonna break the rule (if there is one), hehe.
So this weekend I've decided to come up with the name for the 52. Very strong, well built car.
Mack the Knife is the top contender  8)
Any other contenders you guys can think of for my Nassau Blue 52 convertible?
Yes, I'm waiting on parts, and passing some time with other thoughts.
Thanks, Mike
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)

R Schroeder

ELVIS  -  blue suede shoes......................ha

You must be as bored as me. Lets get winter over with. 

TJ Hopland

One of my cars is named Frank.  I think it was based on the dealer sticker, Frank Kent Fort Worth. 

My 80 is named Phil.  Phil is one of our cats that seems to always be purring.  The 80 is a diesel so it tends to purr too.

Now that I think about it girls named both of them.  Maybe that is the deal you either have to name it a girls name or let a girl name em?
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

52Cadillac

Yeah, bored. Was hoping to be riding by now, but waiting for wife, so we can get some action going. Grocery store action.
There must be a lot of Caddys named ElVIS.

Let a girl name the car. No way TJ. So far yours is the only man name cars I've heard of, but again named by girls.
Mike
SemperFiFund.org

Dan LeBlanc

My 61 is named Jackie after Jackie Kennedy.  Very era-appropriate I think.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

joecaristo

I am lucky to know the name of the original owner's of my cars. So when I refer to each car I call them by those names as a tribute to the person who originally owned the car. So thanks to Eddie, and R.W. for purchasing a Cadillac for me to enjoy.
Joe
Joe Caristo

gary griffin

I named my 1942   6719  Bing, although I have only the word of two previous owners that Bing owned it they have owned it since it was sold in a government auction in 1951 and were told that Bing Crosby had donated it to the government during WW-ll .  I used to have 27 collector motorcycles and most had non female names, Cajun was one and teacher was one and Kraut was one (Name approved by German seller who owned the bike 30 years) Arnold, Boxy (A 1976 Goldwing still in the original crate hence the name) and more of course but no female names except possibly my 2001 Harley I bought basically new from a police woman who bought it to learn to ride on. It was previously Maxine and I call it Max (For short or ascertain masculinity?).
   I name vehicles ta avoid confusion, I had 2 white 4 wheel drive Ford pick up's and one was called Dually (1 ton dual rear wheels) and the other was Singley because it did not have dual wheels.

I do not name my grocery car (daily driver) because I change every few years and have no affection for it beyond being reliable and enough  leg room.

Name your car after what ever pleases you.  Since it is Green I would call it Irish or Lassie (For an Irish girl not a dog)

Gary Griffin.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

pinkcaddy96

Well my limo here is named " Pink Panther"....good luck!

RyanBurman

I had a beater k5 blazer I called burly brutus? But that was because I did things with that blazer that it really shouldn't have done and it lived through it without any major failures.

Louis Smith

One man's opinion:  I never got naming my cars.  Pets yes cars no.  At best I refer to my car as "the Cadillac", as we are going in the Cadillac tonight.  It's somewhat like how Don Corleone referred to his Cadillac when in a deleted scene he said:

VITO CORLEONE:

"Santino, go tell your brothers that I went them to come with me to visit Genco to pay their respects. Tell Fredo to drive the big car... outside now."

bcroe

My Cadillac is "the yellow car".  It gets no assumed sex, since it can't reproduce.  Spent my
career developing machines; would never give one the the status of a critter.  Bruce Roe

52Cadillac

Well now there's a bunch of them I've not considered.
Mike
SemperFiFund.org

Ken Perry

I named my black 59 Coupe George, in tribute to the man that owned it most of its life,God rest his soul! Maybe he can look down and see that Im taking good care of it ! Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

DeVille68

OldHenry is the name my father uses for his 1930 Ford A Phaeton! :-D
1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible (silver pine green)

57flw

To name my car something ON THE MANLY SIDE.

Well that's a tough one for me.
It is hard to justify Pink as a Manly colour! but that's the colour it was born. Had to keep it original.

For now it's "The Caddy"

Ken
Ken Francis
Hervey Bay
Queensland, Australia
1957 Series 60 Special Fleetwood

R Schroeder

Ken, What about PINK FLOYD................ha

52Cadillac

Ken, i almost used Caddy for my plate. Nice ride.

Well its apparent you guys have convinced me Manly names are more common then i thought.

Deville68, did he say why Old Henry?

57, thats a hard one, pink lemonade only thing comes to mind.

Roy, Hahahaah. I like Pink Floyd, which leads to 57flw maybe calling his car Money. Or pink Lace, Hey depends on your sway. Hehe.
SemperFiFund.org

pinkcaddy96

The PINK PANTHER is a dude.  Besides real men wear pink....just ask any woman!

debramcdonald

I've named all our Cadillacs non-girlie names: 1964 "Dwight" (for Dwight Yoakam - Guitars, Cadillacs), 1976 Eldorado Convertible "Buck" (for Buck Owens & the obvious accessory), and the 1985 Seville is the "Falcon" after the TV soap opera Falcon Crest.

DeVille68

Quote from: 52Cadillac on April 14, 2013, 06:38:37 AM
Deville68, did he say why Old Henry?

Probably because this Ford is the oldest car he owns and because Henry Ford (the old one :-D ) build the car.
And the name Old Henry sounds funny, doesn't it?
1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible (silver pine green)