News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1969 CAD STICKER REGLUING

Started by 1969cadillac, April 15, 2013, 04:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969cadillac

Hello    , i peeled the coolant sticker off under the hood to fix some rust , what is the best glue to put it back on??

thanks , murray mules

cadillacmike68

I'm not sure. I would go to a crafts shop and ask about a high heat resistant glue.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Gene Beaird

I'll start by saying that I've _never_ used this stuff to re-glue vinyl stickers, but if I had to, I'd certainly try it and see.  I'd try Bare Metal Foil Adhesive:

http://www.megahobby.com/bare-metalfoiladhesive.aspx

It's a liquid that you apply with a brush and then let dry a bit.  It works well for it's intended purposes, which is adhering foil to plastic model kits.  I don't know how it would last under the hood of a car.  It certainly wouldn't be as permanent as weatherstrip adhesive or contact cement, which I think is what you would want.  OTOH, super weatherstrip adhesive would certainly be permanent, but the chemistry may attack the old vinyl.  Be careful.

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873