News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1947 Cadillac mercury switchs Maybe 1941 -1947

Started by ryder4u, April 26, 2013, 12:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryder4u

Hi everyone,
After some trial and error I found a manufacturer of a small mercury switch that works fine for glove box and trunk lights. Comus International in Clifton New Jersey makes tilt switchs of various kinds. Their CM 1365 -0 tilt switch carries enough current and is small enough .I used this one.The product specs and diagrams are on their web site. Joe Covey was the rep .]I talked to at Comus
Denis     13145

Martin Michaels

Denis, Thanks for the info I was installing toggle switches now I will get ahold of them. How much are they? Marty
Marty  CLC#26833
1947 6269  Cavern Green
1980 CDV D Elegance  White

ryder4u

Hi Marty,
They are in the $ 17 to 22 range each . They have a minimum order though. I paid via VISA and ordered 2. They shipped in about 10 days . Being in Canada I expect my shipping invoice will be much higher than yours . Call me at 403 536 8954 . I may be able to save you sometime on the installation. Denis Fieldwalker 13145

Martin Michaels

Denis, thanks I will give you a call you sunday afternoon. Marty
Marty  CLC#26833
1947 6269  Cavern Green
1980 CDV D Elegance  White