News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cadillac trunks and custom luggage 1929-32

Started by veesixteen, April 26, 2013, 07:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veesixteen

A friend has a Cadillac trunk from circa 1930 that he inherited from his grandfather in Chicago. I used to have a catalog of Cadillac & LaSalle accessories that showed such items (trunks and custom luggage); I appear to have misplaced it. Does anyone have a copy (red cover item) who could scan for me the page(s) devoted to these luggage items? What would be the value of such a trunk today, in good to very good condition, minus the set of suitcases?  Thanks ! 
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

veesixteen

Here are some (poor) photos of the trunk in question. It looks very much like the one mounted on rear of the car in the last image. The oval emblem at lower RH side reads "Cadillac Motor Car Co. - Detroit Mich" and features a combined Cadillac and LaSalle emblem with a banner reading "Quality Accessories". The hinges are marked "MI Auto Lock" (the keys are missing as is the original luggage set). The interior appears to have been relined (at a later date) with a dark gray, inner lining. The LH leather lifting strap is broken; both sraps would need to be replaced.

Ross Morgan #22943

Hi Yann

Attached is a page I think you were after. It's from "Exclusive Cadillac Accessories" printed April 15, 1931. 

Regards, Ross.

veesixteen

Thanks Ross; these are exactly the pages I needed. My friend in Colorado will be pleased you got them for me. I'm not sure if he wants to sell the trunk or not, but if you know someone who might be interested, I will certainly let him know.  How are your Cadillac "babies" coming along? I know Quentin is working on a few of them!