News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

is there a source for new parts?

Started by eliyahu, April 29, 2013, 12:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eliyahu

where can we get new parts for restoring our cars?

is there a list of suppliers that supply OEM or good quality reproduction parts?

I need them for my newly acquired 1976 Eldorado Convertible.

Eli Shahar

cadillacmike68

You can also pick up a copy of Hemmings. I get one about every 6 months.

Some folks in Hemmings are still in the stone ages when it comes to computerizing their inventory, etc. so it's good to go through.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

TJ Hopland

What parts?   Mechanical stuff like engine trans brakes are for the most part still available from regular sources.   Body filler panels are being made.  Rubber bumper strips are being made.   Weatherstripping is made.  Tops are made.  Not much else body wise.  Not much for the interior, lower door panels are being made from PVC? and carpet.  Everything else is used or NOS if you can find it.   
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

52Cadillac

Hemings is just another source. Radios rebuilt, speedometers, clocks, and parts, brake drums for a 52. Etc. it's not as good as our vendor list, but every little bit helps.
Mike
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)