News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Is there a clip I'm missing for my rear window switches?

Started by 52Cadillac, April 29, 2013, 08:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

52Cadillac

Or something. My, by all appearances, original rear window switches won't remain in their respective slots. Is there a clip that fits between the metal case and the interior Bakelite? Part inside the chrome casing? Any solutions from the club?
Thanks, Mike
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)

Richardonly

To the best of my knowledge, there is nothing except the plate against your interior that holds the switch in place.  Maybe too much wire in the casing OR gently bend out the plate to make the fit snugger.

Mine merely are pryed off (not much effort) and pushed back on.  Once in a while I may find one a bit away from where it belongs and just merely push it back into place.

Richard
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle

52Cadillac

Right as are my fronts switches, nice and snug. I'm thinking as you've suggested I'm not positioned right. Ill look at the the wiring, etc.
Thanks, Mike
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)