News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

FIRST Dumb Newbie Post

Started by Douglas Cody, May 01, 2013, 04:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Douglas Cody

You'll notice that I said "First" one... I've looked and looked but cannot locate a reference directing me to replacement badging and emblems for a 1984 Seville Elegante (gold emblems and badging).  I KNOW there must be a list of good repro or OEM sellers on here.  But I can't find them and I'm falling asleep.

Could I prevail upon someone here to point me in the right direction?

Just starting to dress up my first vintage Caddy, and I'm really looking forward to being a part of this Forum.

Best,

Doug Cody

R Schroeder

Welcome Doug.
I have a 78, and I find most of the stuff I need on Ebay. I search one of two ways.
Cadillac nos  ,  and 1978 Cadillac nos. I find emblems on there all the time , so you should in time find what you need.
Maybe someone has a source for repo's ,and will chime in.
Roy

76eldo

Doug,

I bought a quantity of mint used parts from a guy last year and there are a lot of gold emblems on there.

I also have an NOS gold trunk lock cover and crest I can sell you.

Contact me at " rachlin@comcast.net " and I probably have everything you will need in gold for your Seville.

I mat be tied up today so you may not hear back from me until tomorrow.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

C.R. Patton II

Hello Doug

Welcome to the Forum!

This club and forum exist to assist you with "every" question regarding your Cadillac. Brian and Roy exemplify the great and experienced people you will meet. Please do not hesitate to inquire.

Also if the opportunity presents itself try to attend a region meeting near your home to participate in the camaraderie of our organization. We are here to support you.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

66 Eldo

In the 90s gold packages were very popular on many hi-line makes like Cadillac and Lexus so it was a common dealer add-on. An aftermarket service would come to the lot and apply a gold finish to the existing chrome emblems. If you have trouble finding good used or NOS emblems you may want to try to find one of these services through your local Cadillac dealership.

Douglas Cody

Many thanks.  I figured there must be some aftermarket "re-golding" option... Appreciate the tip.

R Schroeder

Douglas.
Brian is a good source for quality parts. He seems to run across all the good stuff. Including some very nice cars.
If you cant find what your looking for, check with him. He doesn't bite hard.
Roy