News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1969 CADDY CALIPER PISTON

Started by 1969cadillac, May 02, 2013, 08:49:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969cadillac

Hello!

I am trying to work out what caliper piston fits a 69 deville

it is NOT clear in the parts book or the shop manual

it lists a piston for the eldorado and the  71 deville series on

I do NOT think the part no. is 2622207 - I believe this is for the eldo , which uses a different piston

a frind of mine has a caliper pistron 2 15/16  wagner F76008 - but I think this is an eldo piston??

yours thoughts pls , Murray Mules

Glen

The Eldo uses a 2 15/16" piston and the non Eldo cars use a 2 ¾" piston.  That comes from the shop manual.  The 68 â€" 70 piston except Eldo is part number 5463294 according to the 1974 master parts list. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

1969cadillac

Thank you Mr Glen !

do you have any idea where I could buy the 5463294 piston - it seems to be quite rare , thanks , Murray Mules

Glen

Sorry I can not help you there. 

If some one has a cross reference book that would tell you what other cars used that caliper and piston.  With that info you may be able to locate a replacement. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

cadillacmike68

I'm just guessing here, but all the large B-body BOPs should have the same single piston sliding caliper, so a 98, Electra or Bonneville should use the same caliper piston.

What happened to it / what is wrong with the piston in that it is the only thing that needs replacing? I'm sure the boot / seal would require replacing and no they didn't come in the same box. Why don't you just get a whole caliper and save a lot of effort?

I've been running the big GM RWD B, C, & D bodies (off and on) since 1979 and I never had to replace a front caliper or even the boot / seal. Wheel cylinders, yes, lines, yes,  but never the front caliper. GM got some things right and this design, while pooh poohed by the snobbish magazine editors, has been very reliable to the point of being bulletproof.

Now watch, I'll get home and the front calipers will be leaking all over the floor!  :P
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

1969cadillac

Hello cadillacmike68 ! thanks for your reply

I live down under in Australia - where complete calipers don't exist and too expensive in freight to get the whole thing transported here !

the piston has some pitting - I overhauled it recently

Murray Mules