News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Paint code troubles for the 52

Started by 52Cadillac, May 02, 2013, 12:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

52Cadillac

I've called a couple companies, both locally and online. I've given them all the paint codes in the 1952 Authenticity manual for my 6267X. Both colors I'm seeking are exterior Nassau Blue Metallic, and interior trim Romany Red. Paint codes in manual are a no go, and the paint color on page A-29 appears to be incorrect. The pic shows a dark blue not the lighter Nassau Blue. But I do have a small handwritten tag on door the previous owner placed. It says Nassau Blue,  ACR.LACQA-179G.  I know my car is lacquer paint, and will not be using lacquer. I thought that was the paint code he used, but again the folks I talked to don't know. I need couple types of touch up  an aerosol can in each, and bottle with brush. Any ideas on who may be able to do this, and find colors I need? Anyone have the modern paint codes  your using for these 52 colors?
Thanks, Mike
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)

J. Gomez

Mike,

Check with these guys, they do color match per the Diztler paint chip, unfortunately minimum is a QT when ordering.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/aclchip.aspx?image=1952-cadillac-pg01.jpg

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Glen

That picture must have been taken “down under”.   ::)
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

R Schroeder

Mike, how do you get your car to stay on the ceiling like that ? Mine always falls down, and dents the top.
Roy

52Cadillac

Haha. You guys are so funny.
I'm dangerous with technology in my hands. Good thing I don't have any high tech metal cutting water torches operated by computers. The car would be in pieces, and the house.
Ok looked at TCP Global paint chip chart as supplied by Gomez. It will be helpful, because I'm driving the Caddy into the big city today to a paint supply house. Ill be armed with it and the manual. Hopefully to get matching modern codes.
My Nassau Blue isn't the same as what's in the Authenticity Manual or on the site above. The one they show is a darker blue. Mines closer to an Olympic blue, just a little darker. The Romany Red shouldn't be a problem, I just haven't seen any pics yet to see if my Romany Red is same. Hopefully ill get what I need today.
Thanks, Mike
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)