News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Bumper Plastic Question

Started by 90Brougham, May 02, 2013, 09:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

90Brougham

Hello, I am a new member.  Recently I have acquired a beautiful 1990 Brougham. I would like to ask quick, (maybe dumb), question what are the plastic panels that are attached to the front bumper called, I have been trying to figure it out, but with no results. They are slightly damaged, which detracts the great appearance from the rest of the car.

Thank You,
C. Dillon
1990 Brougham
307 5.0 Liter

Hankk17

typically referred to as "bumper fillers"  use that term in google and you'll get loads of hits.  Most repro'd bumper fillers are ABS plastic, however, and will likely need retooling/refitting and paint.

-Hank
Wherever you go... There you are

90Brougham

Thanks, every time I something that said fillers they were just the, under headlight, ones.

C. Dillon
1990 Brougham
307 5.0 Liter

R Schroeder

Not sure what you meant in your last posting, but these are the ones under the headlights.

http://www.autobodyfillersusa.com/servlet/Detail?no=112

These are the ones on the bumper.

http://www.autobodyfillersusa.com/servlet/Detail?no=123

Walter Youshock

I always called them "rub strips".  If you don't already have the Shop Manual, get one.  It will be invaluable over time.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

76eldo

Walter,

I think you are referring to the strips that are ON the bumper face and wrap around the corners.

Bumper fillers would be the flexible parts between the bumper and the painted parts.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

R Schroeder

Brian, Hank was the one that called them bumper fillers.
Walter called them rub strips.
In my posting I found both for him.
Still not sure if that is what he wants.
Roy

Walter Youshock

FILLERS would be the body-colored pieces between the body and the bumpers that would deflect in an accident.  The RUB STRIPS are the protective plastic/rubber pieces ON the bumper itself.

As I understand, he is looking for the pieces that attach to the bumper.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham