News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Newbie from Australia

Started by 59 DIRTY RAT, May 06, 2013, 09:01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

59 DIRTY RAT

Just sayin hi,
I'm picking up a black 59 Fleetwood Limo in about a month! Can't wait!
I'm doing Route 66 in some classic cars then picking up my Caddy in Arizona along the way, then continue driving Route 66 to LA, then dropping her off at the exporter!
I will have plenty of questions once I get it!

Andy
'59 Fleetwood 75 imperial limo
'69 Corvette 540ci 755hp
'72 Suburban 454ci

C.R. Patton II

Hello Andy

Welcome to the Forum!

We exist to exhaust all your questions with replies of knowledge. Please stop by our CLCMRC in Hickory Corners, Michigan during your time in the States.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Richardonly

Hello Andy,

I would like to welcome you and to also wish you well on your upcoming trip down Rte 66. :)

Sounds like a blast (a lot of fun) to cruise 66 in a 1959 Caddy limo!

Richard
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle

gary griffin

Wow, a cruise from the past.  A cruise on route 66 in a 1959 Cadillac.  Enjoy and post some pictures also please.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

59 DIRTY RAT

I will try and post pix if I can, depends on Internet access and time along the way

!
Quote from: C.R. Patton II on May 06, 2013, 09:31:36 AM

Hello Andy

Welcome to the Forum!

We exist to exhaust all your questions with replies of knowledge. Please stop by our CLCMRC in Hickory Corners, Michigan during your time in the States.

Is that a club house?
'69 Corvette 540ci 755hp
'72 Suburban 454ci

C.R. Patton II

Good morning Andy

CLCMRC is our Cadillac & LaSalle Club Museum & Research Center located in Hickory Corners, Michigan  near Kalamazoo. We educate the public on Cadillac and LaSalle with research, memorabilia and fine examples of the Standard of the World. It is a place you MUST visit in America as an aficionado of exquisite automobiles.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

59 DIRTY RAT

Quote from: C.R. Patton II on May 07, 2013, 08:29:31 AM

Good morning Andy

CLCMRC is our Cadillac & LaSalle Club Museum & Research Center located in Hickory Corners, Michigan  near Kalamazoo. We educate the public on Cadillac and LaSalle with research, memorabilia and fine examples of the Standard of the World. It is a place you MUST visit in America as an aficionado of exquisite automobiles.

OK, Thats sounds great! I will definitely try and get there!
'69 Corvette 540ci 755hp
'72 Suburban 454ci

59 DIRTY RAT

Only 5 more days until my 59 lands in Australia, I cant wait any longer, it seems like an eternity!
So get ready for question time!

I didnt end up driving the Caddy from Arizona to LA because the brakes were shot so I shipped it to LA the got the brakes fix. Then it went to the dock….waiting waiting
'69 Corvette 540ci 755hp
'72 Suburban 454ci

Thule

taking a trip like this has bin a dream for a long time.

over here some buy cars on the west cost and drive them over to the east side. we ship from norfolk virginia
Ivar Markusson.  icelandic cadillac club (part of CLC)
73 Eldorado coupe.

Doug L

Hi Andy,
Where in Australia are you? You might want to think about joining the CLC of Australia.

Doug Lemon
Sydney

C.R. Patton II

Hello Andy

I concur with Doug.

The gentlemen in Australia are active, experienced and knowledgeable especially Bryson Talamini.

David Greenburg

Hi Andy:

Welcome to the Club and the board.  I can tell from your avatar that you bought your car from the same folks in Phoenix that I traded my '59 Fleetwood 60S to this past winter (they seems to always use the same location/background for their pictures).  In fact, I may well have seen your car there when I visited (there were a couple of 75's there at the time).  Last I heard, my former car was headed to England.  But I don't suppose you happened to see a black '59 60S with Calif. plates when you were there?
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

59 DIRTY RAT

Quote from: Doug L on August 15, 2013, 05:23:14 PM
Hi Andy,
Where in Australia are you? You might want to think about joining the CLC of Australia.

Doug Lemon
Sydney

G'day Doug,

Im in Sydney also
I wouldnt mind joining! and probably will, but I dont know how active I could be in the club Im already in the NSW Corvette Club, The American Muscle Car Club, Southern Sporting Car Club and just joined The Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party (Political Party). So Between working Shift work and the Car Clubs im sure I could find a minute or two for the Caddy Club!  ;D
Doug, When and where are your monthly meetings and how much to join?

David, was it Bob Adams?  I first purchased it back in Feb but didnt pick it up until June because I got them to do a few things to it like new interior and fix some small rust bubbles.
I did see all his inventory at the time but it wasnt til June so I probably missed seeing it!

Thule it is well worth doing route 66! we went all the way from Chicago to LA in a 64 Mustang, 59 Thunderbird and a lead sled 50 Chev!
'69 Corvette 540ci 755hp
'72 Suburban 454ci

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Andy,

I too am a member of a few clubs, but being here in Tasmania, I don't get a chance to attend any CLC Meetings, or runs/outings, apart from whenever the National Rally is being held.

I attended Bathurst, Toowoomba, and will be going to Western Australia next year, but always try and incorporate a lot of other stuff when getting out of Tasmania, as in across the Strait.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

59 DIRTY RAT

Hi Bruce,

Ive been wanting to do a cruise around Tassie in my Vette one time? But the Caddy might be better because its a more Comfy ride! One day I'll do it!
I will probably go to the occasional CLC thing though here in NSW!
'69 Corvette 540ci 755hp
'72 Suburban 454ci

59 DIRTY RAT

Some Pix

Unloading in LA

Interior, I hope the Purists dont kill me! But I wanted some pizazz!

'69 Corvette 540ci 755hp
'72 Suburban 454ci

Gene Beaird

Awesome ride!  I find the interior to be tastefully-done, and it looks ready for a nice long road trip.  More pictures, of course!!   

I guess the limo was all that 3500HD could handle?  ;D

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

David Greenburg

Andy:

I like the interior as well.  Also,  where the owner is riding in the front, it seems only right that he have upholstery at least as nice as the rear.  Looks like you've modified the jump seats to face the rear; I haven't seen that before on an otherwise stock interior layout.

Yes, I was dealing with Bob Adams.  I'll send you a PM about that.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

59 DIRTY RAT

Gene I was his last stop! The Caddy had very little brakes! I was extremely nervous when she was coming down the ramps!

Im glad you guys like the interior, that original grey was not cut out to do Weddings so it had to be changed!

David the jump seats were like that when i bought it, I thought I would leave it that way because again if Im carrying groups of people they can actually talk to each other.

Also if you noticed the Horn ring is broken damn it! I have heard its very hard to find another? Anyone know anyone who has one for sale?
'69 Corvette 540ci 755hp
'72 Suburban 454ci

The Tassie Devil(le)

The broken horn ring was the first thing I say, and they are hard to find.

Plus, a Right side mirror is like hens' teeth as well.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon