News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

39 Cadillac door latch spring

Started by lou-q, May 06, 2013, 10:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lou-q

Does anyone have a door latch spring for a 6127 coupe or can direct me to a source. It is the one that returns the bolt.
I puchased two on E bay but I have to return them as they wont fit, the spring material is to big to fit in the slot.
Thanks,
Lou Quich
Lou Quirch    CLC#26694
39-6127 coupe
67 DeVille convertible Venetian Blue
67 DeVille convertible Doeskin SOLD
67 Corvette Marina Blue Roadster
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary Black Convert
2020 Shelby GT500 Magnetic Metallic
67 DeVille convertible Donor car for parts
3 F250 Ford P/Us

Barry M Wheeler #2189

HI Lou, Try hunting in Hemmings Motor News for a 1939/1940 Buick Special/Century parts car. They are the same body. Or, the same bodied Olds or Pontiac. (The GM "B" Bodied cars.)

Failing that, join the CLC and when you get the Directory of members, find someone with the same year car as you, give them a phone call and see if they have a spare.
I have said, over and over, that the Directory is the most valuable tool you will get from your membership. Mine is kept right behind me at hands length so that I can get a phone # or e-mail address right away. Best of luck. Barry  Give me a PM and I will send you a friend's phone # who may have one, as he has a prize winning 39- 6167 convertible coupe.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville