News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Vikings are coming - Lincoln Highway revisited !

Started by FinCad, May 08, 2013, 04:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinCad

Hi All Forum users,

I am sharing our summer 2013 plan. Finncad 67`is soon hitting the US highway network to a ride from New York to San Francisco

Watch out, the "Batmobile" is coming over to visit it´s ancestors grounds !

4300 miles 95% overseas with the ferry to New York harbour from Helsinki city from Finland

http://www.hel.fi/hki/Helsinki/en/Etusivu

Br
Sami & Ninni
(President and Secretary of Cadillac Club Finland association)
Cadillac Eldorado Convertible 1955
Cadillac Eldorado Seville 1957
Cadillac Series 62 "flat top" 1959
Cadillac Eldorado 1967

Aaron Hudacky

Sami & Ninni,

Nice looking Eldorado! 

Your trip sounds like it will be interesting and a great chance to enjoy your car.  When do you expect to be to San Francisco?  I tried looking at your links, but from where I am, the only one I can access right now is the one with photos of your car just after being painted.

I wish you a fun and safe trip and hope to see photos here.

Aaron
1970 Eldorado
1978 Coupe deVille
1979 Coupe deVille
2008 Subaru STI

GoldEldorado

we should have a meet up in Sacramento at the California Auto Museum !!
1970 Gold Eldorado
1973 Chrysler New Yorker

debramcdonald

FinCad

Quote from: Aaron Hudacky on May 10, 2013, 12:58:48 AM
Sami & Ninni,

Nice looking Eldorado! 

Your trip sounds like it will be interesting and a great chance to enjoy your car.  When do you expect to be to San Francisco?  I tried looking at your links, but from where I am, the only one I can access right now is the one with photos of your car just after being painted.

I wish you a fun and safe trip and hope to see photos here.

Aaron

Hi there, The hubcaps are not installed to the car will be tied up from wheels to the deck of the roro ship over the Atlantic. Tomorrow we´ll take a big ferry from Finland to Sweden and then on SUN morning there will be like 350 mls drive from Stockholm to Gothenburg to the loading location. You can follow our rough schedule pretty well via this link => http://www.lh2013.com/index-2.html ---- scroll down and stop overs are explained over there. July 26th is the expected arrival date to San Francisco, I really like the city from my past experience and for sure Batmobile will visit Russian hill roads, Pier 39, Cliff House, Golden Gate etc as my wife has not seen those yet  :)

All hints, advices, visits etc. during the trip are welcome  :)
Cadillac Eldorado 1967

FinCad

Quote from: GoldEldorado on May 10, 2013, 04:37:27 AM
we should have a meet up in Sacramento at the California Auto Museum !!

Why not ? good idea. I think I have been in Sacramento some 15 years ago...I am remembering that there was city hall which looks a bit like White House, Train Museum, Old street area like in wild wild west and "paddle wheel" boats (I meand 1800 hundreds river boats having saloons, gambling places, floating "brothels" etc)...sorry, I don´t know what is the real name for such boat.
Cadillac Eldorado 1967

GoldEldorado

Let me know what the date will be when you think you  will be in Sacramento. Then I can plan the event.  Maybe some media coverage ( newspaper / TV) ?
1970 Gold Eldorado
1973 Chrysler New Yorker

FinCad

Quote from: GoldEldorado on May 13, 2013, 01:48:49 PM
Let me know what the date will be when you think you  will be in Sacramento. Then I can plan the event.  Maybe some media coverage ( newspaper / TV) ?

Hi There,

If everything goes as planned we are arriving Sacramento THU 7/25/2013 well before the sunset and heading to San Francisco at FRI mornign time of 7/26/2013.

Br
Sami

Cadillac Eldorado 1967

GoldEldorado

I am working with the California Auto Museum for a big meet up for Thursday the 25 th !  I'll join you guys as you come into my home town of Placerville for the trip down to Sacramento. Make sure to stop at Placerville Hardware, the oldest (and coolest!) hardware store west of the Mississippi !!
1970 Gold Eldorado
1973 Chrysler New Yorker

Vince Taliano #13852

Just found out that tomorrow's 4th of July parade in Washington, DC will include 39 cars from Scandinavia (a few of which are Cadillacs).  Those folks are part of a group of over 100 people and 70 cars that are in the States touring the country.  Friday they will be driving to Pittsburgh and from there they will be touring Route 66.  One of the Cadillacs, a 1957 Eldorado Biarritz convertible, is getting a new master cylinder installed today at a shop in Gaithersburg, MD.

If you get a chance to attend the parade, you will see a lot of great American cars from overseas.  The parade starts at 12:00 noon at Constitution and 7th Street NW.
Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region
www.clcpotomacregion.org (view over 3,000 pictures!)

FinCad

Yes, there will be 39 cars from our group joining the parade. We are bypassing the parade and heading  some nice ranch event at the very same evening.  I think it´s nice to go and see the parade with load of foreign plates classics joining it in US.

I need also some help if anyone is having good connections:

My 67 Eldorado vinyl top/roof was completely redone 1 month ago, but the shop in Europe which installed the vinyl selected a glue which is not tolerating to heat as it should. Now the vinyl layer is separated from the soft material and the vinyl is more or less "killed" due it separated from the soft material in driving speed and now the vinyl is connected to windscreen with duck tap --- not very nice in completeley renovate car.

Is anyone know a shop or person how could do me a new vinyl top between 6th July to 8th July early morning ? we arrive 6th July to Fort Wayne, IN and we leave fort wayne at 8th July morning. Soft material is ok but I desperately need new vinyl.

All help is highly appriciated as the car looks a bit sad by now. The vinyl does not have to be exact cadillac pattern...black good quality is enough.

Br
Sami

sami.heteaho@pp.inet.fi
mobile: +358 40 58 11 089
Cadillac Eldorado 1967

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

Sami:

There are a couple of good shops in the area.  How far are you willing to travel to get this work done?  There is a shop in the La Porte, Indiana area that I can contact today.  La Porte is about a two hour drive west of Ft. Wayne.   There is a shop in the South Bend, Indiana area that is about a one and half hour drive west of Ft Wayne.  Genne Menne is in the Ft Wayne area and looking for you.  If you are willing to travel about three hours, Detroit, Michigan should have some good possibilities.

Barry Seat Cover Auto Body and Glass
1924 S Michigan Street
South Bend, Indiana 46613

(574) 288-4603

Dorman Garage
1317 Lake Street
La Porte, Indiana 46350

(219) 324-7646

Bill Hedge

PS  You have email from Gene Menne and me.

Vince Taliano #13852

Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region
www.clcpotomacregion.org (view over 3,000 pictures!)

FinCad

Quote from: Bill Hedge CLC 14424 on July 04, 2013, 09:42:27 AM
Sami:

There are a couple of good shops in the area.  How far are you willing to travel to get this work done?  There is a shop in the La Porte, Indiana area that I can contact today.  La Porte is about a two hour drive west of Ft. Wayne.   There is a shop in the South Bend, Indiana area that is about a one and half hour drive west of Ft Wayne.  Genne Menne is in the Ft Wayne area and looking for you.  If you are willing to travel about three hours, Detroit, Michigan should have some good possibilities.

Barry Seat Cover Auto Body and Glass
1924 S Michigan Street
South Bend, Indiana 46613

(574) 288-4603

Dorman Garage
1317 Lake Street
La Porte, Indiana 46350

(219) 324-7646

Bill Hedge

PS  You have email from Gene Menne and me.

Thank you so much ! I just read the emails from both of you. We are arriving Fort Wayne, IN at the afternoon of 6th July. Will stay in Fort Wayne from 6th July afternoon to 8th July morning so that would be the absolutely best timing to remake the roof. I will check the details tomorrow morning and will call you.

Br Sami
Cadillac Eldorado 1967

GoldEldorado

Sami and Ninni at the California Auto Museum !

Great people and new friends !
1970 Gold Eldorado
1973 Chrysler New Yorker