News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

My 1965 Eldorado and Hello, my first post!

Started by Ed Leskin, May 17, 2013, 01:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Leskin

This is my first post!  Hi to everyone!  This is my beloved 1965 Eldorado that has been in my family all my life. I am 47, and my father bought it for my mom in 1964 as a gift. I have the original title.  She has been painted a few times and was in one accident in 1980 when my mom hit the gas instead of the brake.  She has survived.  In storage for two years, she is now at the garage being brought back to life without any major problems.  The car is only missing some chrome behind the rear right wheel that goes on the bottom.  I need to find that piece, very hard for this car!  I do not see many at all on the road, and I have read there may be only 200 or so left in existence.  I plan on keeping her forever, and will leave the car to my daughter!  My mom passed away in 1998 and the car is in a way a memorial to her for me. 

Louis Smith

Great story and car!  Really shouldn't be that hard to find the piece you are looking for.

Art Director

Welcome, Ed, great story! That would really interest our club members if it were in The Self-Starter. My 1963 Sedan de Ville has been in the family since brand new (my grandmother bought it). Tim
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

R Schroeder

Welcome Ed
Beautiful car , and a nice history to it.
Roy

mistertudball

Truly beautiful car.  I really like those mid-60s Caddies with that angular style.  Enjoy!
David Bartosic CLC19619

76eldo

Nice to have you aboard!  Welcome and good luck with that car.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Ed,

Welcome! Your car is a beautiful and the history makes in priceless. What color is it? It’s stunning.

Ralph. 
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

dadscad

Beautiful car! It's great that it was your mom's car, I know you have cherished memories. My dad bought the 63 I have, new, it turned 50 years old May 10 th this year. That's the day dad bought it.

Welcome!!
David
Enjoy The Ride,
David Thomas CLC #14765
1963 Coupe deVille

C.R. Patton II

Hello Ed

Welcome to the Forum!

Very nice one family owned 68467. I hope you retained all the documentation. There are less than sixty listed in our directory. You will quench your appetite here with the knowledge you receive. After you become a national and local  member you will have the opportunity to contact a great guy, Jeffrey Shively, of the Vertical Headlamp Chapter 1965-1968.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Davidinhartford

Beautiful car Ed!

I resized the photo to make it easier to view here.

Richardonly

Ed,

Can you imagine the look on your Mom's face when your Dad gave her a brand new Cadillac Eldorado Convertible?  And especially, one so beautiful!

Still being in the family all these years, you must have some memories of riding in that wonderful car whith the top down on a sunny day?

I am happy for you you that you have her magnificient auto, and wish you a warm welcome to fellow Cadillac owners.
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle

Ed Leskin

Thanks everyone for your kind comments.  I need to find an emergency/parking  brake cable for this car.  I just got a call from my mechanic and he cannot find one.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! 

Ed Leskin

Hi Richard,

My dad traded in a black 61 Fleetwood convertible for this car.  When he saw it at Daniel's Cadillac in Allentown PA, Fall of 64, he said it was the most beautiful car he has eve seen when he bought it and still said that before he died in 2009.   What I like about it is it's clean design and generous amounts of chrome.  The 66 Eldorado cut down on the chrome and I believe this is the last Cadillac that had alot of chrome and rear wheel drive!  Too bad this year is often overlooked in favor of the 59's and 60's.  For some reason I see less of these around than the other Eldorado's.  I guess every year that goes by, they are becoming more rare.

My mom was very happy!  She drove it until 1980 when she had an accident with it.  It went into the shop and I had a chance to use it in High School!  I had it in College too!  Funny thing is I can go to Alumni events with this thing and everyone is in shock I still have it while everyone else either sold their old cars or smashed them up! My wife loves the car and my 9 year old daughter loves it - so much so she loves to sit in the car to do her homework!  Cool!