News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1966 Cadillac Deville Original GM sticker location

Started by Jays66, May 20, 2013, 11:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jays66

Good morning all, hoping someone can tell me the location of the attached GM sticker? I know it goes on the doorjamb but want to make sure to put it where the factory did.

Thanks!

Seans 66

Jay:

I've never seen a GM sticker like this on a 66 before and I've looked at a lot of them.  However, just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean they weren't used.  If you find any information on this I would like to know.

Perhaps you might be able to answer a question for me.  I can't quite remember where the tire size and pressure sticker needs to be positioned on my 66.  I know it goes on the filler panel in the driver's door hinge area but I can't remember if it goes on the upper portion or the lower portion of that panel.  I think its the upper but I wanted to validate it first.  Do you know?

Sean

Louis Smith

This is where it was on a '67 Chevelle.  My best guess is that GM put it at the same location in all its cars.

Louis Smith

Other different pictures.  Looks like they were above the door latch.

Jays66

Thanks All! that is helpful... as for the tire pressure sticker, I have mine, I will look when I get home from work tonight and attach a pick of the location.

Louis Smith

Speaking of sticker on door jambs as we were.  The info I like the most is the date of assembly.  It is usually shown as a month and year.  Very helpful in picking out a car that hasn't been sitting on the lot for any length of time.

Alan Harris CLC#1513

I am not sure that that sticker is correct for 1966. GM's "Mark of Excellence" campaign started, I think, in 1967.

Louis Smith

Quote from: Alan Harris CLC#1513 on May 20, 2013, 11:44:12 PM
I am not sure that that sticker is correct for 1966. GM's "Mark of Excellence" campaign started, I think, in 1967.

According to the website I used for the pictures it was correct for 1966.  I also looked like they went from the green background to the blue background in 1967,

Seans 66

George:

Thanks for solving the mystery!  Upper portion of the drivers door hinge area filler panel.  I'll get it on tonight!

Sean

Louis Smith

Quote from: George K Hashem on May 21, 2013, 08:23:33 PM
I do not see a GM sticker on my 1966, I do have a tire inflation one on the body not the door on the driver's side.

I do not see any trace of such a sticker. My car had a sales date of 8-15-66 and a later VIN for that year.

I am not being scientific here just looking at my car

Found this on another forum:

"I was there when the GM Mark of Excellence apeared, in 1966. Back then it was just a sticker on the door jamb, often applied crookedly. My latest Eldorado, 1970 model, has one of these. Cadillac, still being the Standard of the World back then, has it installed straight."

Jays66

C.R. Patton II

Hello Jay

Glad to read you are improving your Cadillac.

Perhaps the acquisition of a Class 11 Authenticity Manual and joining the Vertical Headlamp Chapter (1965-68 Cadillacs) with Jeff Shively would be of assistance.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

FWIW: A '66 SdV that I had owned did not have the GM logo either although I've seen them on other '66s. The seem to appear more consistently on 1967- on the driver's side. Not sure what the deal is- possibly a mid year change?
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute