News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

74 Eldo rear bumper uprights.

Started by Bryan Thompson, May 19, 2013, 05:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Thompson

Good afternoon all,

I have a new bumper and bumper uprights for my 74 Eldo Foldytop.  Does anyone know what side "star" shaped bold holds the upright to the bumper.  Under where the red lens goes.  I have been to the auto parts store three times. T-40 torx driver goes in. But is too small. T 45 won't go in. :-(  Auto parts guys tell me there is no size between the two.  Thanks
I would rather push an old Cadillac, than drive a new anything:-)

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Are you sure it's a TORX bolt?  I didn't think they were using those yet in '74.
My '73 Eldo has not a one on it.  Could it be a hex head or other type?

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Bryan Thompson

Well, I thought I was sure, it looks like the same gizmo as what holds the seat belt straps to the floor pan.....Just took a flashlight and camera to get a picture, may just be Allen Wrench, will try that after work, and ......

TJ Hopland

I think torx started in the 60's.   Seems like my 73 has them on the door striker pins and the seat belts but I could be remembering wrong.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Bryan Thompson

Twas an allen wrench, just really looked like a torx.  Thanks for the help.

EAM 17806

My 76  Coupe de Ville does not have any torx bolts or screws anywhere on the car. I owned this car since January 1977. EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

Scot Minesinger

On the 1976, how about the door strikers, those should be TROX.  They are on my 1970 and on a friend's 1975 Caddy door striker posts.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

mgbeda

The 76's have them on the door strikers and the seat belt to floor attachments, like TJ's '73.  Big ones.

-mB
-Mike Beda
CLC #24610
1976 Sedan DeVille (Bessie)