News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1979 Seville Location for fuel pump fuse or relay for tank mounted pump

Started by pacificnwrider, May 24, 2013, 06:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pacificnwrider

So my Seville is having a no start problem, and no power to the tank mounted pump.  I'm wondering if there's a relay or fuse somewhere that I'm unable to find.  This has been converted to carburetion and the tank mounted pump is the only pump in service in the car at the moment.  Thanks guys!!

bcroe

Quote from: pacificnwridermy Seville is having a no start problem, and no power to the
tank mounted pump.  I'm wondering if there's a relay or fuse somewhere that I'm unable to
find.  This has been converted to carburetion and the tank mounted pump is the only pump
in service in the car at the moment.  Thanks guys!! 

Since it was converted to a carb, nobody is going to know how the pump is powered.  You will
just have to trace it out.  You could put a regular mechanical pump on the car (like any Olds
350/403 engine).  The eccentric on the cam is also on the EFI engines.  Bruce Roe