News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Need to know if some bolts are the same from the 472/425 to the 368 and V8-6-4?

Started by speach, May 22, 2013, 10:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speach

Thanks, any help much appreciated. What I need to know is are the exhaust manifold bolts/ valve cover bolts/ and oil pan bolts the same. If not can anyone tell me how they differ.

William
Current cars:
1986 Military Chevrolet Diesel G30 Box Van
1968 Conv DeVille
1989 Toyota SpaceCruiser

You cant take your car with you in the end so drive the dang thing.

WilliamTrausch

TJ Hopland

Oil pan I would think would be the same but I never actually checked one.

I think I once had a set of 368 exhaust manifolds and I think they were overall thinner (squished) than the earlier ones so they may have used shorter bolts. 

The 8-6-4 valve covers were plastic and a little thicker than the metal ones so its possible that they would have required a longer bolt.  I also have a slight recollection that they may have had a Torx head on them that was possibly to help clearance issues since the plastic was thicker so there was not room for a wrench to clear a normal hex head and the side of the cover. 
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

speach

Thanks for the insight. I will figure it out eventually, ha ha. Not big deal though, just really curious.
Current cars:
1986 Military Chevrolet Diesel G30 Box Van
1968 Conv DeVille
1989 Toyota SpaceCruiser

You cant take your car with you in the end so drive the dang thing.

WilliamTrausch