News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

53 Eldorado trunk lip question

Started by Quentin Hall, May 25, 2013, 08:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quentin Hall

I am working on a friend's very early number ( in the single digit)  53 Eldo. The car had a continental kit and a factory spotlight added early on. Other than that it is entirely original. There is an anomaly on the trunk lip. On the left of the trunk latch boot lip is a small horseshoe cut out with a sheetmetal 1 1/2 in U that has been cut with tinsnips and brazed in. THe welding is consistant with the other welding that was done on the body. It is in the opposite position to the locator pin on the rh. For the life of me I can't figure out why it was done and to my eye it looks like it was done from factory so I am loathe to "repair" it. THe owner and I are squabbling over it, so I would just like to get a clue if any one has ever seen anything in a 50 thru 53? I will try and post a pic later. I have not seen it on any of the many other 5os cads that I have seen. It was put there for a reason but I have no clue what that reason was.  Q
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Eldovert

Quentin,
Harbor Auto Restoration is restoring a yellow Eldo that came from my home town.Perhaps they would be good enough to shoot you a photo.

http://www.harbor-auto.com/#/home/

Cheers,Pat MacPhail