News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

new and looking for helpw info on my 58 caddy

Started by garyd, May 25, 2013, 11:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garyd

Hello I'm new to the forum and new to the vintage cadillac world. Hoping some one can help guide me to where i can get answers im looking for.
I have a 1958 cadillac limousine i want to restore that's been in my family for the last 50 years. her'es the background I have on it. My dad purchased it in 1963 and drove it for about 2 years before sticking it in the garage and that is where it has sat ever since. my dad recently passed and now the cadi was passed on to me. It needs a full restoration as it is all there but there interior is completly dry rotted even from being in a california garage for the last 48 years. i thought i might get lucky popped in a battery all the lights and power windows still worked but alas it did not turn over. but enough of my excitement on to why im here
What im on here hoping to find out is if anybody knows how to find out who originally owned /purchased a car. I remember my dad talking about it when i was a kid. He was the 4th owner and was told it was possibly the california governe'rs limousine in 58.  Even though it has been garaged for the last 48 years for some reason my dad kept it registered and paid the dmv fees on it every year (why I don't know) So all these years it has been in the california dmv system, california dmv says they cant help me with anything like that so im hoping a cadillac forum like this. Someone would have the knowledge of , if or how i can track down how to find the cars original owner.  I just think if i can prove it was on officials car it will make restoring it that much more exciting.   If anybody can help me with this please feel free to email me fmemech@sbcglobal.net
Thanks for taking the time to read my story im sure ill be on here asking lots more questions as the resto starts
Thanks
Garyd

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

Note to "garyd":

You have an email from me that was sent on Sunday May 26 that needs your immediate attention.

Bill Hedge, CLC #14424
Message Board Administrator
Cadillac & La Salle Club