News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1941 Decal/Label Question

Started by Chris Milici - 23231, May 27, 2013, 09:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Milici - 23231

Hello,

I am sure this has been asked before, but a search did not come up with anything for me.

1941 Cadillac (all models, I believe); interior; passenger side kick panel; small, clear holder on the paperboard panel.  Does anyone know what originally was in that holder and if it came from the dealership or the factory?  If so, anyone know if reproductions are being made?

Thanks,

Chris
Chris Milici
Editor, NERCLC
icilim@verizon.net
www.nerclc.com

harry s

Chris, That is where the Cadillac Identification Card went. I have a new printer scanner and can't figure out how to transfer scans, but the card reads,"This is to certify that _____________took delivery of Cadillac Car Engine No. indicated hereon from ____________________on______________and is entitled to receive prompt efficient and courteous service from any authorized Cadillac Distributor or Dealer in accfordance with the terms of the Cadillac Service Poilcy  (signed) CADILLAC MOTOR CAR DIVISION, General Motors Corporation Detroit, Mich. ____________________General Parts and Service Manager.
     I have also seen these cards displaced in a holder located on the radiator core support. There are repros of the cards that are blank and can be filled in. I know Larry Lawrence has them.   Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Chris Milici - 23231

Thanks, Harry.

I appreciate the information and you taking the time to reply.  I will now be able to hunt one (a reproduction) down!

Chris
Chris Milici
Editor, NERCLC
icilim@verizon.net
www.nerclc.com

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I have some of these repros. They have G.M. Otto (no pun) as the signature. I will send one for $5.00 post paid in the USA. Barry M. Wheeler, 208 N. Center Street, Flora, IN 46929
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville