News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1965 Eldorado stainless trim the same as the 1966 Fleetwood?

Started by Ed Leskin, May 30, 2013, 06:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Leskin

I have a part missing form my 1965 Eldorado.  it is the thick stainless steel trim that goes between the rear bumper and the rear wheel fender skirt along the bottom.  I just found information on a 1966 Fleetwood that is a parts car that has a part that looks like this.  My question is are the 1965 trim parts and 1966 the same, as far as the one I need.  This is hard to find and I am hoping the 1965 and 1966 years were the same.  Am I also correct in assuming the 1965, 1966  Eldorado and Fleetwood had the same size trim parts like the one I need? It looks like they are the same. 

cadillactim

The Eldo and Fleetwood do share many of the same trim.  However, there are some differences between 1965 and 1966, so not all trim parts are the same these two years.  I would have to doublecheck my parts book at the shop, but the rear lower trim behind the skirt to the bumper is most likely the same on 65 and 66.  The trim is not very tall so there would be no special contour lines.  I know the 67-68 rocker trim is different because of contour lines, but this same rear piece is the same for those two years. I would imagine 65 and 66 are the same.

The difference in length between Eldos and Fleetwoods is between the wheels, not behind the wheels, so that rear lower trim is the same on Eldo and Fleetwood.

Tim
Tim Groves

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

The trim in question does fit Eldo & Fleetwood. It is NOT the same between 65 & 66.
Never ASSume anything. LOL!
HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Ed Leskin

I would agree it does seem the rear trim is the same for 1965 and 1966 on the Eldorado and Fleetwood.  From the photos I am seeing I believe this is the case.   CTC Auto Ranch in Texas seems to have a 1966 Fleetwood parts car that may have the part.  i am waiting for them to get back to me.  If any of you can recommend a great parts source for me that would be great!  It is really too bad that the guy my father hired to paint the car (When my dad owned it) lost this part. Hisi work was ok but if I remember correctly, he always had a beer in his hands!

cadillactim

I checked the parts book, and the two rear pieces are different in 65 and 66.  I have both styles, and the difference is only in the rear where it attaches behind the bumper end.  The visible part is the same.

I have a 65 passenger side rear piece.  It has some scratches and a dent toward the rear.  I have both sides for the 66, and they have some scratches.

Tim

Tim Groves

blugg

Still have the rear Fleetwood trim Tim?

Blugg@msn.com if you do

Jeff