News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Blueprints for body wood for 1941 60 special

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, June 03, 2013, 05:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I had lent my copy of these blueprints to Paul Phillips and just got them back. I told him there was no charge except that I would appreciate his making a donation to the CLCMRC, which he has done. A more than generous amount, I might add, and he paid for the postage to him and back to me.

The mailing tube is still in good shape, so I will offer the use of the prints to any 60S owner that needs them, if they too, will make a donation to the Museum fund raising.

For a donation of $50 (in your name, not mine) and postage of $15.00 both ways, I will send the prints to you to use. (Paul had Staples copy them and also electronically copy them.)

For a donation of $75, I will absorb the mailing costs both ways by sending you a check for $7.50 along with the prints to get them back to me. Thus, for only $10 more in total, the Club will get $25.00 more. (West Coast members mail cost may be slightly higher.)

This offer is good for CLC members only, sorry. These are the original prints used by Cadillac. If you are interested, please send a PM, or call me at 574-967-3752. I am on Eastern Daylight time and am generally up until 11 PM.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Paul Phillips

Barry
Thank you for the kind comments, but your generosity in sharing this rare resource is a great example of the high caliber of CLC members. This has helped me and and hopefully will help others to preserve another magnificent 60S. 

Paul
Paul Phillips CLC#27214
1941 60 Special (6019S)
1949 60 Special (6069X)
1937 Packard Super 8 Convertible Victoria
1910 Oakland Model 24 Runabout

Glen

Barry,

Would it be better to copy the prints and loan out the copies and then donate the originals to the museum? 

Just a thought. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Brad Ipsen CLC #737

I agree with Glen that copies should be made to protect the originals.  Large size copies are the norm in the construction industry so these are easy to get made in what used to be known as blue print shops.  I have not seen these prints but most of this wood should be the same as 38 to 40 60S cars also.  The older cars did not have the wood for the fender extension but the main beam under the floor should be the same.
Brad Ipsen
1940 Cadillac 60S
1938 Cadillac 9039
1940 Cadillac 6267
1940 LaSalle 5227
1949 Cadillac 6237X
1940 Cadillac 60S Limo

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that these were "originals." They are copies that a collector who is no longer in business made available some twenty years ago. Also, Paul Ayres has a set "somewhere" (Sounds like my garage,) and so the museum will have a set for the archives. Thanks for your suggestions. Also Brad, your comments on the earlier (1938-1940) cars were most welcome. You know how we 1941 guys are...Won't acknowledge that there is anything else around.

To cure myself of this disease, every five years or so, I get out my early Self Starters from the sixties and go through the classified sections and look at the 1938 Series 75s for $300 I passed up...
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville