News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Option list for 1967 with prices?

Started by RyanBurman, June 03, 2013, 10:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanBurman

I have the original bill of sale for my 1967 Calais Coupe base price for this car was set at $5,040. Mine shows $5,500 for the car before tax. I know a few things offhand that are options that were chosen but I don't think they add up to $460. Only options I can readily see are power windows and an am fm radio. Just wondering if anyone has a list of the options for this year and their prices. Are build sheets attainable for these?

Davidinhartford

Here is a link to a 1967 Cadillac Databook.     

Lots of great info there.   Including all options.   No pricing though.

http://www.gmheritagecenter.com/docs/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits/Cadillac/1967_Cadillac_VVI.pdf

I did have a 67 window sticker in my collection though.

RyanBurman

I guess I have automatic climate control also. No compressor though. :( No worries I got power windows.

Davidinhartford

Most cars came with one of the "Basic Groups".   

So I would guess that your Calais has group #2 which included:

AM FM Radio
Soft Ray Glass
Climate control
Door Edge guards
White Wall tires
Power Windows
6-way power seat.

Basic groups didn't save the buyer any money, just included the most ordered options to simplify the ordering process.

Does your car have any other options?

Rear defogger?
Factory Rubber floor mats?

cadillacmike68

Try this site:

http://fleetwood75.net/

Click on the 1967 brochure and ther prices link near the bottom.

The AM/FM (non-stereo) alone was $188!
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

quadfins

And don't forget the shipping/destination charge, which could vary wildly, and add a hefty sum.

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

Louis Smith

Auxiliary horn ($12)
    Automatic level control option on models Calais or Deville ($79)
    Automatic Climate Control ($516)
    Bucket seats with console on models Deville (F-J-B) with leather upholstery required ($184)
    Firemist finish ($132)
    Cruise control ($95)
    Rear window defogger on models Calais, Deville (J-B-L) ($27)
    Door guards ($5-8)
    Expanded vinyl upholstery on models Calais ($42)
    Soft Ray glass ($51)
    Guide-Matic headlamp control ($50)
    Head rests ($53)
    Leather upholstery, models J-B-L ($138)
    License frame, single ($6 each)
    Padded roof, models J ($132); models B-L ($137)
    Power door locks, two-door ($47); four-door ($68)
    Power ventipanes with required power windows ($72)
    Power windows on Calais models ($116)
    AM radio ($162)
    AM/FM radio ($188)
    AM/FM stereo ($288)
    Reclining front seat with headrests on models F-J-B with required bucket seats ($84)
    Four-way lefthand power bucket seat on models F-J-B ($53)
    Six-way power front seat on models G-N-K ($111); models F-J-B-L ($83)
    Rear center seat belt ($11)
    Front shoulder straps ($32)
    Tilt-telescope steering wheel ($90)
    Remote control trunk lock ($52)
    Twilight Sentinel ($32)
    White sidewall tires, size 9.00 x 15 four-ply 8PR-5 ($56 exchange)

Chris Conklin

How's this...
Chris Conklin

Davidinhartford

That's great Chris!

I resized it to display better.

Davidinhartford

Quote from: Chris Conklin on June 04, 2013, 04:09:27 PM
How's this...

Chris,      Where is that from?   The 67 Databook?    The 68 book doesn't have that.

cadillacmike68

Chris, do you have one of those for 68, 69 and 70??
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Chris Conklin

The options list is a scan from Roy Schneider's book Cadillacs of the Sixties. I have his books for the '40s, '50s, and '60s, but alas... no '70s. I believe the '40s and '60s books are readily available from the So Cal CLC Chapter. The '50s book (Automobile Heritage's Illustrated Guide to 1950 Thru 1959 Cadillac) has never been re-printed and it is rare to find a copy for sale. The last time I saw one on eBay it sold for a bit north of $700.
Chris Conklin

Davidinhartford

Quote from: Chris Conklin on June 05, 2013, 08:18:22 PM
The options list is a scan from Roy Schneider's book Cadillacs of the Sixties. I have his books for the '40s, '50s, and '60s, but alas... no '70s. I believe the '40s and '60s books are readily available from the So Cal CLC Chapter. The '50s book (Automobile Heritage's Illustrated Guide to 1950 Thru 1959 Cadillac) has never been re-printed and it is rare to find a copy for sale. The last time I saw one on eBay it sold for a bit north of $700.

So is there a 68 list in that book?

Chris Conklin

Chris Conklin

Chris Conklin

... and finally, Cadillacs of the Forties for $89.95... just in time for Father's Day!  8)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=cadillacs+of+the+sixties&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=cadillacs+of+the+forties&_sacat=0

PS - I have no interest in the sale of the books I posted in these links, just found 'em on-line and provided the info. They are great resources and really are nice looking well bound books. I recommend them highly.
Chris Conklin

Chris Conklin

Quote from: David Smith on June 05, 2013, 09:14:57 PM
Thanks for the link.  I bought it.
You won't be disappointed! Of the three books, I think Cadillacs of the Sixties has the best reference material and is the most organized.

If anybody out there has the reference material and the inclination, I think Cadillacs of the Seventies and Cadillacs of the Eighties would be well received!  ;)
Chris Conklin

RyanBurman

Alright I need to check on if I have am fm radio or stereo? how do you tell the difference between soft ray and normal glass? I also need to right down all the data plate info to see what this car originally had for paint and whatever other info I can gather from it.

Louis Smith

Soft-Ray is a GM tradename and is not used for other OEM tinted glass.
Tinted OEM glass of this era was green in color.