News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Auto vent glass Thickness .260 not .200 thick .. who has the right stuff

Started by Bill Balkie 24172, June 04, 2013, 12:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello ,
    I recently ordered a  new vent glass window to replace my old one that has a few imperfections in it . I am gearing up for a winter project .  The new glass has the correct green tint however the thickness is a lot thinner then the original Glass . the original glass measures .260 thick the replacement glass is .200 thick
that is a difference of 1/16 of an inch . Can anyone recommend a supplier that has the correct thickness  of  .260 or some what closer to the original .

Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

Dan LeBlanc

Did you order AS1 laminated or AS2 laminated.  AS2 has a PVB interlayer of .015" whereas the AS1 has a .030" interlayer.  Both pieces of glass should be 1/8" glass (3mm).
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello Dan ,
Looks like i should of ordered AS2  with the .015 interlayer that would take me closer to the .260 thickness .      .125 Glass  x 2 =.250  plus .015 interlayer  = .265 .  I have no idea what kind of laminate i ordered . The  glass looks like about .100 each with a thin laminate that totals about .205 .  My question is Who carrys this glass that measures .260 thick and can cut out the shape for a 57 converible  vent window .

Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

Dan LeBlanc

Any good local glass shop (automotive or glazing shop) should either have it or get it and cut it to your pattern then grind the edges. if I was closer, I'd cut them for you.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car