Author Topic: AUTHENTIC 1937 CADILLAC DASH COLORS  (Read 1824 times)

Offline JOHN D. CHRISTOFFERSON

• CLC Number: 26913
  • Name: JOHN D. CHRISTOFFERSON
AUTHENTIC 1937 CADILLAC DASH COLORS
« on: June 04, 2013, 06:53:14 PM »
I HAVE A 1937 MODEL 6519 CADILLAC.  I CHECKED THE AUTHENTICITY MANUAL TO DETERMINE THE CORRECT COLOR FOR THE DASH.  UNFORTUNATLY, THE LAST PART OF THE SENTANCE WAS OMITED IN THE PRINTING.  THE THIRD EDITION - JULY 2011, PAGE 47 READS "37-65: FOR EARLY CARS, THE ASH TRAY AND TOP SECTION IS WALDORF MAROON AND THE PANEL IS LIGHT BEIGE.  FOR LATER CARS, THE COLORS ARE "    CAN ANYONE FINISH THE SENTANCE WITH CERTAINTY?     THANKS JOHN D. CHRISTOFFERSON
JOHN D. CHRISTOFFERSON

Offline Paul Tesone

Re: AUTHENTIC 1937 CADILLAC DASH COLORS
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 02:31:54 AM »
John - my manual is a first edition . That information is on a different page number , but reads the same . " For later cars , the colors are governed by the upholstery trim .When trimmed in tan upholstery the ash tray, top section and panel is Light Beige Metallic . When trimmed in gray upholstery the ash tray , top section and panel is Shadow Menard Gray " . Attached are two pictures . The first is the dash in my 6049 series which also calls for Light Beige Metallic . At the time I had to decide on a color, I was unable to find what I felt was an example of a correct original color ; so I picked a beige color that provided contrast with the center section of the dash . I know it's  lighter than the original , but I'm happy with it . The second photo is one that I have recently come across and believe represents an original Light Beige Metallic dash . Even if it's not exactly correct due to changes with age , I'm sure it's more correct than mine . Can't help you with Waldorf Maroon . Good Luck , Paul Tesone CLC # 6876 .

Offline JOHN D. CHRISTOFFERSON

• CLC Number: 26913
  • Name: JOHN D. CHRISTOFFERSON
Re: AUTHENTIC 1937 CADILLAC DASH COLORS
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 11:13:53 AM »
Thanks for filling in the blanks.  I found some original paint inside the glove box that I believe to be the "shadow menard gray" mentioned in the book.  My dash, steering column, and window trim have all been painted the same color as the exterior of the car.  Ugly  Should the steering column be black?  Thanks again.  John D. Christofferson clc#26913
JOHN D. CHRISTOFFERSON

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 

All Cads