News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

??? radio replacement

Started by RussK, June 05, 2013, 10:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RussK

is there a after market radio that looks OE-ish for a 1946 Cadillac?
I want something that will play decent
I don't want to install it in the glove box, but I don't want to give up the OE look neither
any suggestions.
thanks RussK 
Russell kidd

dplotkin

A product called Secret Audio is made. The unit mounts out of site under a seat or trunk & is controlled by a remote. Kenwood makes a left/right speaker unit in one housing that can replace your existing factory supplied speaker in the same housing.
See:
http://www.classiccarstereos.com/category/Secretaudio-SST.html?gclid=CIeakdu2zrcCFYii4AodkWQAOA

Dan
56 Fleetwood Sixty Special (Starlight silver over Dawn Grey)
60 Buick Electra six window
60 Chrysler 300 F Coupe
61 Plymouth Savoy Ram Inducted 413 Superstock
62 Pontiac Bonneville Vista
63 Chevy Impala convertable
63 Ford Galaxie XL fastback
65 Corvette convertable 396
68 Chrysler New Yorker

Jedi

Retrosound.com makes a good solution I have their system in my 63.

Seans 66

Try Bob's Radio in Oceana, CA.  He can replace the innards of your stock radio and make it AM/FM Stereo with an iPod connection.  You can't tell anything was done unless you take the radio out of the dash and open it up.  I had him do the radio in my 66. 

805 489 8200