News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Need Pax-side front wheel spindle nut 1940

Started by pauldridge, June 07, 2013, 09:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauldridge

Anyone know the size of the castellated nut that holds the brake drum to the spindle for a '40 Sixty Special?  I seem to have partially stripped the threads on mine.  Possibly this would be a standard off-the-shelf item at a specialty hardware source, or even auto parts store, but could use the correct size and thread pitch.
Phil Auldridge
Austin, TX
1940 60S as well as MGA, Stingray, '39 Ford Coupe, BMW 3.0 CS, '59 Jaguar, '51 Hudson Hornet, '64 and '70 Mercedes roadsters, and Nash-Healey LeMans Coupe
[img]http://www.auldridge.org/images/hdricon.jpg[/img]

Jay Friedman

According to my '55 Master Parts List the thread is 3/4 - 20.  The left (driver's) side nut is left hand thread.  The nuts were the same from 1939 to 1955 and probably later. 
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."