News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1976 Cadillac Eldorado a/c hoses need new ones

Started by Scot Minesinger, June 07, 2013, 11:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scot Minesinger

Called USA Parts and they say that the hoses are not being reproduced.  Is my best option to buy a core set and have the rubber hose sections replaced?  Does anyone know of a company that reproduces them or maybe a company that will re-build a core set and replace rubber hose sections?  Plan to convert to R134 and would like the barrier hoses.  I know R12 is colder, but R134 is what I'm using.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Jeff Wilk

"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

TJ Hopland

Check around and see if there is a custom AC shop in your area.   I found one in my area and use them all the time.   They can make and or modify just about anything.  Often times searching for classic car AC or street rod ac will get you some leads.  I found one by searching for a rear AC block off kit.  Those are used in rigs like Suburbans that had a rear AC system that start to fail with age.  It seems every shop is 'the original rear block of kit inventor'.   I had a cracked hard line on a condenser and they welded it up for $20. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

John McLaurine CLC 17181

I have had good service from Classic Auto Air in Tampa.  They refurbished my condensor and AC hoses for my 72 Eldo.

Scot Minesinger

cadillacmike68

Quote from: John McLaurine on June 08, 2013, 09:56:33 AM
I have had good service from Classic Auto Air in Tampa.  They refurbished my condensor and AC hoses for my 72 Eldo.

Are they still around?  That would be Great.

Scott,

do you still have the old hoses? Don't throw them out, any good hose & rubber company can put your ends on new hoses. That's what I did.

And I had mine stainless steel braided at the same time for heat protection (and for the shiny wow factor!).
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Scot Minesinger

Mike,

The a/c works marginally.  My rule is never ever take anything off the car to send out to be re-built because there will be a problem.  I always buy a core and send out for re-build, then replace the originals.  I then have a core spare set or can sell them.  Had to go against this rule only once with a very trusted vendor on a 1967 Cadillac dash cruise control switch re-build and it did work out OK.

The stainless braided hoses do look great.  I'm doing the repair (not my car) and the owner is about original look of the rubber.

Thanks,

Scot