News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1951 Cadillac Sedan Trunk Liner

Started by guiseppe, June 10, 2013, 10:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guiseppe

I have the original trunk liners in my car. If anyone would like an accurate tracing of them, just let me know. I could mail them out on thin tracing paper. If anyone can recommend a person or company that can make up replacement ones, please let me know. Thanks.

Joe Paglino

52Cadillac

Sorry Joe I can't recommend a place myself. However a search on this site for Jenkins interiors will get you to one I know of.
I would eternally grateful if you could post up a couple of pics of the trunk, and jack placement position with hardware locations, inc the upper portion that mounts to the upper bracket. I'm not sure how it goes together, and I think I've located all the pieces I need.
Thanks, Mike
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)

guiseppe

Hi Mike: Thanks for the tip. Yes, absolutely when I get the liners in some pics will head your way, BUT when I bought mine, the jack was not mounted, so I too am unsure. I have the jack, but it was on the floor of the trunk. The spare was mounted on a rod with a nut and a trim piece covering the holes where the rest of the lug nuts would go. That rod is on the right side (passenger side) of the trunk as one opens the trunk. I was wondering too how the heck to mount the jack. I do have an orange spring and a metal piece in the area closest to the bumper on the right hand side, it is actually behind where the spare tire would mount. Would you like current pics? I just POR 15 the entire trunk and it is free and clear of any carpet, liners, etc.

Joe Paglino

52Cadillac

Joe, this may help you. Go down to the bottom of thread, and look at the placard that mounts in the trunk. It seems to be helpful in how it's mounted. I'm not sure about how it's mounted on the upper bracket, or the correct location of the lug wrench. The wooden wheel chock is at the opposite end. Which I don't have yet. The swing arm is mounted thru a lug hole and secured with a lug. The spring is mounted on passenger side and secured thru body. You can see pic.
Thanks, Mike

http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=125237.msg235611#msg235611
SemperFiFund.org

guiseppe

Michael, many thanks. Does anybody know how big or what this elusive wooden wedge looked like?

Joe Paglino

52Cadillac

Yes, you can buy a repro from Caddy Reproductions if they have any left. I don't have the dimensions. Originals pop up from time to time.
Mike
SemperFiFund.org

Jeff Maltby 4194

Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

52Cadillac

Unknown Jeffo. Is that for the upper bracket? Some models had a lower bracket as well.

Here ya go Joe, a wooden wedge repro.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321130905679

Mike
SemperFiFund.org

Jeff Maltby 4194

There made from a 4 x 4 @ 3 1/2"" high x 4 3/4" long and stained black.
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500