News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1960 Eldorado fender skirt trim fasteners

Started by David Greenburg, June 12, 2013, 03:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Greenburg

For one of my fender skirts, I am missing the two stud and clip assemblies that attach the stainless trim on the lower edge of the skirt, on either side of the latch assembly.  It looks like these tend to rust pretty easily.  It looks like a pretty unusual clip that would be difficult to improvise.  Does anyone know a source for these, or whether they are used on any other cars, other than presumably the Sixty Special?   
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

russ austin

R.Austin

David Greenburg

Upon further investigation, it appears that I have the clips, but am missing the threaded stud that passes through the clip and snugs the trim against the skirt.  But I think I can improvise using a machine screw and several washers.  Without disassembling the good side, all you would see in a picture is the threaded end of the stud, and I'm reluctant to disassemble since its pretty rusty.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special