News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1960 390 head bolt location with brackets

Started by paulkersey, June 17, 2013, 11:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulkersey

Hello,
Trying to finish assemble my 60 390 and it has been a long time. AC GEN and PS. It looks like the pass. side Head bolts  all go in flush to the head.
The drivers side looks to have 1 or 2 or ?? Head bolts that incorporate PS rear mount or other brackets. Is this correct?
If any one knows which Head bolts are double duty (also bracket bolts)  and figure out a way to explain the location I would be thankful.
J. Wicks # 19583

n2caddies

Here are a couple of pictures off my 60. On the passenger side the lower part of the AC bracket bolts to the 2nd head bolt back from the front. The top part bolts onto one of the intake manifold bolts. The PS bracket bolts onto the rear headbolt on the center boss for the exhaust manifold. That one should be the longest of hem all. I'm assuming you have the original bolts.
Randy George CLC# 26143
1959 Series 62 Convertible
1960 Series 62 Convertible
1964 Deville Convertible
2015 SRX

Ken Perry

The secound one back on the pass side bottom has A/C bracket under it. The fifth one back on drivers side bottom has the power steering bracket under it. Hope this helps. If you need more info I have it, also parts. Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

paulkersey

Thanks guys,
Father time is playing tricks on me. 7 yrs since I had it apart and can't find my PS pump today. I Should of image documented my tear down.
I will let you know if I need parts.
J. Wicks # 19583

n2caddies

Been there done that. Long gone are the days I can remember where everything goes after any length of time let alone 5 minutes. LOL. That's why I ways take pictures and Bag Stuff in marked plastic sandwich bags as I go. Even draw pictures for clarity and take pictures of that as I go. Have an old lap top on my work bench that has all the digital pictures and it sure is helpful when putting it all back together
Randy
Randy George CLC# 26143
1959 Series 62 Convertible
1960 Series 62 Convertible
1964 Deville Convertible
2015 SRX