News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Re doing 74 eldorado part 2

Started by Bryan Thompson, June 21, 2013, 03:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Thompson

I've read all the instructions on Sheffield garage, talks about "tweeking" to fit, how to I tweek an inch" Not even close. Just a side note S&K industries sent me two left fender extensions:-(  Two weeks for the right side.

Any suggestions truly appreciated.
I would rather push an old Cadillac, than drive a new anything:-)

Louis Smith

Bryan Thompson

That's good news, I've already spent the $600, need help figuring out the grand canyon, wasn't really complaining about the company, when I got the box I should done more than just look in it.

Louis Smith

Quote from: Bryan Thompson on June 21, 2013, 04:38:10 PM
That's good news, I've already spent the $600, need help figuring out the grand canyon, wasn't really complaining about the company, when I got the box I should done more than just look in it.

Not trying to be argumentative, if it was me, I would complain to the company.  Its a given, that when purchasing and using aftermarket parts, usually tweaking is the order of the day.  With fillers, it's usually a situation where the part needs minor fabricating to fit.  In your particular situation, it appears as though you need "adding on".  I am not, by any means an expert on a filler for the '74, with this in mind, I will ask this question.  I noticed that there is a tab in the open space.  Is it possible that maybe the filler piece has to be moved over to fit over that tab.  Is there any "wiggle room" at all?  I asked a friend that replaced his filler panels, and he said that some of the pieces, needed a little shall we say, coaxing?

Bryan Thompson

I read a lot about these things before I ordered them. These were recommended by people on this site, many have said they all seem to come from one supplier, I suppose I could ask about returning them.  I moved the tail light and back-up lights to the right, got about half the space, the fender filler and the tail filler met so I can't move the fender one any more.

Really bummed, took the day off today to do this, replacement for the wrong part won't be here for two weeks. :-\

Louis Smith

I would contact the company and tell them of your dilemma.  Many times these companies will want to make things right, if for no other reason, not to get a bad reputation.  I would casually mention to them, that you found them through a Cadillac message board, and that they were recommended by other customers.  I have had occasion to buy from companies, when things weren't just right.  Many times it was them sending me a "universal" part.  100% of the time they worked with me, and made things right.  Keep us updated on how the other side fits.