News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Map light bulb (and others?)

Started by mistertudball, June 22, 2013, 05:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistertudball

I'm trying to replace the bulb in the map light, in the lower-middle of the dash of a 73 Eldorado convertible, which has been empty since I bought the car.  The shop and owner's manuals say bulb #550 but I've not been able to locate one at a couple FLAPS or online after putting in my year/make/model on numerous websites.  Looks like a long, narrow tube would fit.  Should I keep looking or are some bulbs that are just permanently discontinued?
David Bartosic CLC19619

Classic

Can't find a 550, but did find a 560.  Here's the specs:
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS:
Watts:6.16W
Volts:14V
Amps:0.44A
Base:FUSE END CAPS
Length:1.72 Inches ---- 43.7 Millimeters
Diameter:  3/8"
Life:2000
Bulb Shape:T3
Bulb Finish:CLEAR
It looks like an oversize glass fuse.  I've attached (hopefully) a picture.
NAPA lists a 560 bulb on their website, but I believe their picture of it is wrong.  Anyway, if the dimensions above sound right, check with your local NAPA store.
Gene Menne
CLC #474

mistertudball

Thanks.  I saw a reference for a 560 too but no pictures.  NAPA is one store I haven't checked yet.
David Bartosic CLC19619

cadillacmike68

I would buy a little box of 12 and keep them in the garage.  The same goes for the door courtesy lights. those are even stranger! some type 2011 or 1011??? I can't remember, but hard to find.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike