News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'60 Fleetwood/Eldo skirt trim

Started by David Greenburg, June 30, 2013, 04:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Greenburg

Still learning my way around my ' 60, and recently had what I'm sure will be an expensive lesson concerning the difference between the fender skirt catches on the '60 vs. ' 59. Not sure why they got rid of the little "flag" lever on the ' 59, but my lack of familiarity cost me a fender skirt when one fell off.  Shopping for a replacement I'm being told that the wide stainless molding on the bottom edge of the skirt is the same for the '60 Eldo and the 60S. This looks to be the case from pictures but can anyone confirm that. I know I'll need to add the thin bead molding that goes above it.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Ken Perry

The bottom trim is the same on 60 Eldo and 60 Fleetwood. The skirts are all the same except the the C/C,just need to drill holes for Eldo or Fleetwood trim. Hope this helps. Ken Perry 
Cadillac Ken

David Greenburg

Ken:

Thanks.  That's what I thought, but before paying the piper, I wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. 
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special