News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1969 Deville Convertible trimstick install

Started by David P. Barter, July 05, 2013, 10:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David P. Barter

Can someone shoot me a pic of the orientation of the trimstick ends on a 1969/1970 deville convertible. I cannot tell in the body manual if it is upside down now or not. When it goes in it seems to be, but when it is out on the bench is seems correct.
David Barter
CLC # 27232
1969 Cadillac Deville Convertible
2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan
2012 Cadillac CTS4 Sedan

Scot Minesinger

I have a 1970 DeVille Convertible, what do you mean by "trimstick"?  Will be happy to send photo.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

David P. Barter

Thanks for the help everyone. I did get a pick and got it figured out!
David Barter
CLC # 27232
2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan
2012 Cadillac CTS4 Sedan

Big Fins

Are you going to tell us what a 'trimstick' is, or just leave us all hanging?
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

David P. Barter

Hey Big Fins,

Trimstick is the tack strip (galvanized u-channel with hard pressed paper/cardboard insert is OEM for my model) insert that is used to attach the rear/bottom end of the convertible top to the back of the car. When you replace the top or the well liner you staple these pieces to the bar to affix it to the car. Certain styles are bolted in, in a few pieces. And in the 1969 model that I have it is a single piece that bolts in two places on the top hinging mechanism. The end mounts in one of two ways and I had forgotten to take pictures of the original mounting position. I found a pic online and that got me going straight again. IN the OPGI catalog this is referred to as the Top Rear Tack Strip.

http://www.opgi.com/cadillac/1969/convertible-tops-accessories/convertible-top-hardware/CE11561/

David Barter
CLC # 27232
2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan
2012 Cadillac CTS4 Sedan